Rattling in rear of car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling in rear of car

Seems to happen most when I'm not in gear, but still occurs at time when in gear. Sounds like a hollow rattling. I've checked the exhaust, and that's sturdy.

I want to say it might be the brakes, as it seems to be most noticeable when I'm slowing down. Maybe the brake clips?

The bumpstops are also completely gone. Could the axle bouncing up and down be part of the problem?

Re: Rattling in rear of car

Check the clamps that hold the rear brake lines.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Check your heat shield too.

Comment

Will do guys, thanks.

Comment

there are multiple heat shields up there following the exhaust pipe and above the muffler. I've had the screws rust out before and start banging on something. Get underneath it and start hitting things until you hear your noise.

Comment

if you have magnaflow check at the back of the muffler where one pipe goes across the back, with my system the weld broke on the tab that goes from the pipe then to the muffler and it sounds like my hatch is not all the way closend and rattleing

Comment

Sounds like a heat shield rattle.
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Lots of heat shield rattling opinions...I'll look at it pretty soon, I have summer school finals, and I don't really have time until after them.

Comment

Haha, so I've checked out all the above...still can't find it. There is a lot of rotational play in the driveshaft though. Is that normal?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X