SQUEELING BRAKES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUEELING BRAKES

ok the brakes sqeel like a mofo at every stop..the car has 13000 miles on it and im pretty sure the dealership would not do anything for me...so WTF is the deal...are they just glazed over..or are they already effed up?

Jeff W :mad: :mad:

I had new pads, rotors, and calipers put on less than 2000 miles ago. They squeal all the time. Once in a while I'll hit the brakes hard and they'll stop for a while, but it comes back eventually. Someone even told me they were designed to do that. Haha, I was like, "Designed to squeak? Riiiight." :rolleyes:

Sorry I can be of any help, but it just seems to be something we have to live with.

Comment

same problem here. i tried the permatex stuff thats supposed to stop the squeeking. it helped a little

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

It's our metallic brake pads. They'll always squeal somewhat. You can get ceramic pads or some other non metal pad, but they won't last as long. Sometimes I'll spray some wd-40 on the rotors and brake pad components (only do two at a time, don't have to take wheels off) and that'll help for awhile.

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: AMinor65 ]</p>
        <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AMinor65:
          Sometimes I'll spray some wd-40 on the rotors and brake pad components (only do two at a time, don't have to take wheels off) and that'll help for awhile.<hr></blockquote>

Wow :eek: You spray a lubricant on your brakes?!?! You are a brave soul.
          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

check to see if the tabs on the brake pads are rubbing the rotors,its there to let you when its time to change them. Also, brakes last as long as you want them to, whether your on the brakes hard all the time, or slow down gradually.
            hope that helps.
            2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John D.:

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, been doing it for years. The first time I did it, I was a kid and sprayed all four of 'em. Had to drive real slow around the block a couple of times. :D
              <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John D.:

<hr></blockquote>

Thats what im saying! $hit you dont want to kill yourself do you now?
                <b>RedLineVSix Member</b><br />----------------------------<br /><b>~99 Anniversary WS6 M6 #1133~</b><br />Hurst shift<br />White with Blue Stripes/Rims<br />White Lether Interior<br />3\" flowmaster cat back<br />10K miles<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbody.com/members/30thWS6/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbody.com/members/30thWS6/index.htm</a><br /><b>97 Grand Am GT</b> Daily driver

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X