Light weight stronger suspension parts within - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light weight stronger suspension parts within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light weight stronger suspension parts within

As everyone knows I'm doing a wild front suspension set up right now.
    I came across a gp through www.musclecartechnologies.com
    I purchased the following which all came from www.paracing.net
    Light weight mild steel lower a arms powder coated red which weigh in at 7.5 pounds each.
    Light weight mild steel drag k member powder coated red which weighs in at 18 pounds.
    Manual steering rack for 1971- 1972 ford pinto which weighs in at 10.5 pounds.
    pa racing doesn't have light weight upper a arms yet so I'm waiting but I am told the lower ones have the most weight to them.
    I mentioned a 'drag' k member, pa racing has 2 versions; drag which has no connections for a front sway bar, and street which has connections for a front sway bar. I do not run a sway bar now so I really didn't care and I wanted all the weight reduction possible I could get.
    The parts took under 1 month from order to welding, to powder coater, to me.
    Total price through the gp was $1023.
    I've talked with www.musclecartechnologies.com several times back and forth and they really seem to be a great place to deal with. I've ended up bsing with them many times on the phone about the bird.
    I don't have any street, track or weight differences (stock vs aftermarket) yet but I'm working on it. I just wanted to give an update and I highly reccomend www.musclecartechnologies.com for hard core suspension parts
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Do you know how much stock versions weight? Aftermarket ones are made mostly for road racing not drag racing as the weight is insignificant but you can set more camber with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X