Installed a FE2 rack n pinion with V8 tie rods! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed a FE2 rack n pinion with V8 tie rods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed a FE2 rack n pinion with V8 tie rods!

This new rack for the FE2 suspension, is a firm ride handling package peice. It handles awesome now! Steering is so responsive now and so firm. It turns on a dime I'm very happy with it.

It was worth the 5 hours to install it and the 65 to align it.

FE2 is the stock V8 suspension RPO code.

All V8's and V6 Y87 cars use the same (quicker, 14.4 vs 16.6 ratio) steering rack.

On my list of things to do.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I know this...and damn does it steer better and turning OMG!

Comment

Did you have to change the hoses ot you used the stock V6 ones?

Comment

how much was it besides $65 alignment?
          i want one
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I did this and will also recommend it.

Comment

how much total in prices?
              96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

How is this done? Do you just find a Z28 rack and pinion and just swap it in. Is this a difficult job? And like the rest...how much did this cost? thanx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X