• Show
Clear All

• Front Suspension

So I have purchased.

Strano Springs
    KYB AGX's
    Moog Front Mounts
    Moog Spring seats
    (Do I need the dust covers and bump stops for the front??)

Re: Front Suspension

Nope, that should do it.

If you want to make life easier for yourself though, you can buy front shock mounts so you don't have to deal with taking apart the old units because they can be very rusty and near impossible to get apart in one piece depending on how and where your car has lived it's life.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I am not going to take apart my old assembly.

If I need it I will buy it, but I could spend the money better another way.

Why do I not need it?

Comment

Well I went ahead and bought the bump stops and dust guards from KYB. Its looking great I will put up pictures soon maybe.

So far to lower my car I have bought and paid for

STRANO springs
        KYB AGX shocks
        Moog Spring Seats
        Moog MOunts
        Moog insulators

Comment

cool deal. let us know how it handles when its all put together!
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

And pics too! You'll enjoy the new ride, trust me. I did mine and the ride was so much better. Stiffer, but better.

Comment

reminds me I need to do some suspension work on the TA. it feels horrible.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I know you said front suspension, but is an adjustable panhard rod on that parts list too? If not, your rear end will be a little off-center.
                94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
                97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
                98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
                  I am not going to take apart my old assembly.

If I need it I will buy it, but I could spend the money better another way.

Why do I not need it?
                  Dust covers serve very little purpose and only seem to cause problems for aftermarket setups, namely loud noises when going over bumps. As far as front bump stops, I don't know what you're talking about, as our cars don't have front bump stops.

Disregard my first mention of shock mounts though, I missed that you already purchased them.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
                    reminds me I need to do some suspension work on the TA. it feels horrible.
                    Ya, I completed the front and now my steering rack feels like its taking a ****, and when I am parked in neutral, and I turn the wheel from side to side quickly it knocks

Originally posted by lil' jon View Post
                    I know you said front suspension, but is an adjustable panhard rod on that parts list too? If not, your rear end will be a little off-center.
                    Yes I have a UMI adj. PHB in the garage along with the rear shocks and springs.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                    Dust covers serve very little purpose and only seem to cause problems for aftermarket setups, namely loud noises when going over bumps. As far as front bump stops, I don't know what you're talking about, as our cars don't have front bump stops.

Disregard my first mention of shock mounts though, I missed that you already purchased them.

Well. We do have bump stops, because I positive I put on little white things down the pole of the shock, that hit would hit the shock mount if compressed enough.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post

So should I take off the dust covers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X