Bilstein and KYB combo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein and KYB combo...

Hi all. I just got some Bilstein HD for up front and KYB gas-a-just for the back, anyone else have this combo and if so, how do you like?
    I will be installing these over the winter but just want to know opinions on this setup and if I should possibly lower or not. Also, my car has 81,xxx miles on it, will these new stiffer shocks give my old suspension problems?
    Thanks and Stay cool...

Re: Bilstein and KYB combo...

I have ran KYB Adj. up front and Blistein HDs in the rear with Eibach springs and it was a good decent setup, since then switch to QA-1's 300lb spring up front and still have the blisteins in th rear but have QA-1 adj.'s to install with 1LE springs which are progressive 130lb-170lbs. They have been working great can't wait to install the QA-1's, it finally cooling off in the mornings here. You should be fine stifffer shocks won't do you any harm you only have 81,000 miles on it , its a baby still.LOL But might want to check your bushings and grease up everything like on the sway bar bushings and endlinks, make sure no cracks in the rubber. Might start thinking about upgrading soon if you plan on modding the car or keeping it awhile, but you have along time since you have low miles.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks ssms, it appears that your setup is just the opposite of what I will be installing. Do you know of anyone who lowered just the rear of their camaro? If yes, how did they like it? My camaro looks jacked up in the back...

Comment

just do the heater hose mod for the rear it will level it out
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

X2 on the heater hose mod, I was surprised at the 1LE springs they already have the hose mod done to them, werid.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i wanna find some 1le springs
            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
            1991 3000GT VR4
            2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
              i wanna find some 1le springs
              I found them on ebay, def. some nice springs, mine were brand new with the stickers on them, I have about 150LBs in the rear and height hasn't even changed a bit. I want to find a front set of 1LE springs since I bought the adapters to run stock springs with my QA-1 front shocks.

Comment

Thanks guys, have heard of the heater hose mod but had no idea it was for suspension LOL. I did a search and found lots of info but I'm wondering, is the suspension still good to go? What has been your experience with this mod? Any tips?

Stay cool...

Comment

It works well , no down side effects except lowering the rear a little.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X