really wanna lower my camaro. But.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

really wanna lower my camaro. But....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really wanna lower my camaro. But....

i want to lower my 94 camaro. i found a kit for lowering it 1.75". i just dont thing that will be lower enough. If anyone has or can find pics of that body style camaro lowered and how much it was lowered that would be great. It might be stupid to try and imitate, but i want it to have a newer vett stance. Please Help. thank you all. also honestly it would make a good sticky to have pics of them lower .5'', 1", etc. just for referencing

Re: really wanna lower my camaro. But....

what kit are you looking at that lower it that much? also what size tire are you running

Comment

Eibach Sportlines will drop it somewhere between 1.75-2". I don't know think you'll want it to be much lower. But you can always do the hose mod in the rear if it still sits too high for your taste. Honestly anything more than 1.5" really starts to hurt handling and cause the car to bottom out. But if appearance is more what you're interested in, the Sportlines should work well.

You'll want to also get some good shocks to handle such a change in spring rates. If you're still on the OEM shocks, they're more than worn already and will only break down even more with lowering springs. For anything more than 1" drop, you'll want to look into some adjustable shocks like KYB AGXs.

Also, you can find a thread with different setups and pics in the How To's, FAQ's, and Photo Collections sticky at the top of the Appearance section. It is called Lowering Spring Photo Collection. There are also many individual threads with pics and setups that can be found by using the search function.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

i dropped mine just shy of an inch. she rides very low. but has gfx
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

ask and you shall receive (not 94 style but should give you an idea):

bone stock both ls1 and 3.8:
          [IMG][/IMG]
          (holy 4x4 batman!) ssms---that's my Z, since you were wondering...excuse the crappy pic.

shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, z06 replicas, and plenty of suspension goodies:
          [IMG][/IMG]

stance:
          [IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM.
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

OP- trust me, mine or kristen's is as low as you wanna go (depending on ground fx or not). along with my 3" exhaust, i dont think i could drive the car if it were any lower---but the eibach's definitely helped with the stance, center of gravity, and handling (along with supporting suspension mods of course).
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X