Do "dropped" camaros make good daily drivers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do "dropped" camaros make good daily drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do "dropped" camaros make good daily drivers?

i'll check those subframe connectors out-that's about the only thing that hasn't been done to the car's suspension (now if i can just fix the car's radio...it ate one of my cds & won't give it back-lol!) i do understand what ya mean on the daily driver thing-my monte got booted from dd status once the mileage hit the 5 mpg mark! lol! but hey, we gota have our toys right?! thanks for the good advice dude, i appriciate it

Comment

I think once I get my better 14.4 Rack & Pinion in I will run 285/45/17's instead of the 275/40/17's to give me more height and wider with more rubber. The FE2 rack is suppose to take the abuse of the bigger front tires. I liked the look of my car dropped 1.75"'s but now that it is stock height it is alot better from scaping on speed bumps and driveways and sometimes potholes.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help! I have decided to just get the tires and shocks for now and see how that setup works for the rest of this season. Our roads here are rough so I'm going to wait and see what happens with them after this winter. Unfortunately, my camaro MUST be my daily driver for now as I already have a garage "queen" and my suburban is always sooooo thirsty...

Comment

I'd advise against just doing shocks if you have plans for springs at any point in the future. The front shocks are hell to change springs on, and the less times you have them apart, the better. If you ever want to do springs, do it at the same time you do shocks. Take it from someone who did it one at a time..it sucks.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Thanks for the sound advice Schlotzky, I had my mind made up, until now... Even though Benjamin and his twins are playing with matches, I will research this spring dilemma a bit more. Perhaps I'll just get tires now and see if I can get a deal on shocks/springs over the winter and install next spring. Damn I love this forum :)...

Comment

I have a convertible, and my car is dropped 1.5 and if someone sits in the backseat it will just bottom out if theres a little dip in the road or something. and the front scrapes on everything, but its the sides of the nose, where the ground fx are closer to the ground.

Comment

I never bothered lowering mine. For one thing my cat is already hitting the bumps in my neighborhood. Second, I helped my neighbor once change his brakes in his Camaro that has eibach 1.5 drop springs and I saw how horribly scraped his bottom was. Third, our cars squats better when you launch hard and the stock springs are pretty ideal on this. You know alot of the V8 guys who race switch their springs to V6 springs.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
                  Thanks for the sound advice Schlotzky, I had my mind made up, until now... Even though Benjamin and his twins are playing with matches, I will research this spring dilemma a bit more. Perhaps I'll just get tires now and see if I can get a deal on shocks/springs over the winter and install next spring. Damn I love this forum :)...
                  i have to agree, the folks on this forum are awesome-i'm new to these cars (& recently-this forum) & have had to ask a lot of "beginner" questions that some of these guys have probally had to answered a thousand times but everybody on here has been super cool & incredibally helpful!

Comment

I was thinking of dropping my 97 V-6, with eibach 1.5 drop springs.. but after reading the feedback from fellas that have gone before me, I think I'll leave mine stock height.. It scrapes on some parking lot entrances as it stands.. Plus I have ground effects on mine, so.. Thank you all for all the feed back on some newB questions..

Comment

Stock height is fine I just lowered mine again just for the looks plus I just drive it once a week.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My camaro was lowered back in the day, and I lived on a brick road, and in a community were they prided themselves on our old roads. It was terrible. Handled great but she would scrape if someone close to me thought about driving to work. Now I have my firebird in florida, and she will be getting lowered when I pull her out of storage at the end of the summer. Bilsteins and hotchkis most likely. ssms, I've been toying with the idea of qa1's, and if I remember correctly you have some? How have they been?

Comment

My bird (which is my DD) is dropped, and I have to navigate the crappy streets and driveways in Medford fairly carefully. My air damn looks like someone took a cheesegrater to it. Always paranoid about getting rear-ended by the population of clueless here because I have to take things slow or at angles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X