Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse in the rear??

I read on an LSi site that there is a fuse for the amplifier on the monsoon
    system located behind the rear seats under the carpet.
    Does anyone know about this? I cannot find it.
    My front door 6.5" are not working anymore but the tweeters and all
    the rear speakers are.
    Thanks

Re: Fuse in the rear??

Hmmm. That is weird.

First, realize that the tweeters are powered off the headunit, not through the Monsoon amp.

Ensure that the connections on the Monsoon amp are true. Play some music and jiggle the connections around. Then I would locate the amp outputs to the front doors speakers (color codes are probably in the sticky) , snip them (with enough length on both side to tie back together later), then use a tone generator on the speaker side of the wires. If the speakers respond, you know you're not getting a signal out of the amp for some reason.

Then find the front door INPUT wires and snip them the same way. Use the tone generator while the music is playing. Do the speakers respond now? If yes, then your headunit is not outputing a signal to the amp. If no, your amp is probably shot. Helps you narrow it down atleast.
    Last edited by 96firebird311; 07-08-2009, 08:43 PM.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Re: Fuse in the rear??

Thanks for replying.
      If you unplug the power amp in the back of the car...all speakers shut off, the tweeters too. I spoke to a guy who used to work at Delco and he confirmed it. All speakers are powered by the power amp. Neither left or right 6.5 is working which means its unlikely
      they are not connected. I have moved the spk wires around without effect. The gray
      wire from the head unit is connected to the power amp as I burned off the insulation
      from that gray wire and connected it to a VTTM meter then to the gray wire connector in the back and the needle moved all the way over, the same as it would when I touched both red and black wires.
      I just can't figure it out. I unplugged the adapter that connects to the input for the cd
      changer, that I run my SAT radio and it did not matter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X