Which way to face subs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which way to face subs.....

I have 2 seperate 10" MTX sub boxes hangin' out in the back. Currently, they sit facing front, angled upward a bit so that the cover that hinges front to back, ya' know, that little cardboard flap - can close and hide all my goodies back there.

Is there a "rule-of-thumb", so to speak(er) of which way to face the subs? Face front or towards the rear? Or is it personal preference, and just so they fit......

Re: Which way to face subs.....

Mine sound better facing towards the rear, bounces of the window pretty good.
    99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

yea its really perference.and so the fit lol

Comment

As far to the rear and facing the rear is rule of thumb for the most output.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

OK.....I'll try to turn them around and see how it goes. Thanx....

Comment

i have mine in the "trunk" underthe cardboard carpet flap, facing up of course. sounds good. but like jmull said its about perference really
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

So I've turned them around to face backwards, and seems to hit a little harder (key word - "seems"). But I don't think it's that much difference; they are kind of a pain to move around, so that's why I asked if there is a correct way to face them b4 just doing it.

Comment

It really dont matter as Bass is omni directional. That meean it has no real direction in which it travels to be heard. You will only notice decible levels increase with direction and this is not to be confused with sound quality. As mentioned it is perference only in the direction of the speakers. Hope this helps.

Comment

well the acoustics in a camaro or firebird are going to sound good no matter what you do its all an open area unlike cars with trunks

Comment

face them up

Comment

Originally posted by 94Firebird34 View Post
                      It really dont matter as Bass is omni directional. That meean it has no real direction in which it travels to be heard. You will only notice decible levels increase with direction and this is not to be confused with sound quality. As mentioned it is perference only in the direction of the speakers. Hope this helps.
                      While this is true, you need to remember DISTANCE. Ever hear an f-body with the subs sitting on the rear seats vice under the hatch? Much quieter.
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

I first had my 2=12" KIcker Solobarics in the hatch spot facing at a angle up and it was very loud. With my stealth box I have to have the rear flap down because it hits louder a Alpine 10" Type X , clean bass either way but with the flap down it creates more of like a bigger box to hit off to resonate more.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 07-04-2009, 02:22 AM.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

As explained to me many years ago by a friend who installs custom systems.... facing towards the hatch is the best way to get louder bass with an F-body..... it creates a funnel type reaction once it bounces off the glass....

Comment

Originally posted by 1LOMARO View Post
                            it creates a funnel type reaction once it bounces off the glass....
                            :rolleyes:
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

i have 2 twelve inch xplodes that sit in a custom box the fills the back trunk/t-top area. they face up with a little tilt forward, and most people who are in my car cant handle the bass for more than one song at max volume, they hit super hard in this postion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X