buzzing noise from speakers and loss of mid bass from sail pannels! HELP! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buzzing noise from speakers and loss of mid bass from sail pannels! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing noise from speakers and loss of mid bass from sail pannels! HELP!

Hey guys, i disconnected my mid bass sail panel speakers to try installing a component speaker. they did not sound right so i took them out and put the old speakers back in. The weird thing is now, i don't seem to be getting the bass that i was before and when my radio starts up there is a very faint buzzing noise. I checked the mid bass speakers and they are moving good. i don't know whats up. if anyone knows, please let me know,
    Dave

Re: buzzing noise from speakers and loss of mid bass from sail pannels! HELP!

Monsoon system?

So you disconnect the factory woofers in the sail panels next to the rear seats, attempted to install a component set(?), and then reinstalled the factory speakers?

Remove the plastic grills covering the speakers. Put your ear right up to the speaker while they're playing. Is it an actual sound being produced by the speaker? Or is it a slight rattle from the speaker vibration? And in a previous topic, you said your sail panel speakers were blown? Why wouldn't they buzz?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

blown or semi blown speakers can cause this.....
      bad ground
      one of your wires are touching the frame/body of the car
      alternator noise....
      million things....

Comment

Remove the plastic grills covering the speakers. Put your ear right up to the speaker while they're playing. Is it an actual sound being produced by the speaker? Or is it a slight rattle from the speaker vibration? And in a previous topic, you said your sail panel speakers were blown? Why wouldn't they buzz?
        Yes it is a monsoon system. I used the component speakers, just the midbass 6.5" one that i was supposed too and used the two long wires from the wiring harness that i was supposed too. But no one ever gives me a streight answer if the new speakers are 2 ohms or 4 ohms. there is sound being produced by the sail pannel speakers but nothing like there was before, yet they are still moving just as much as they used to. I pulled everything out, looked and made sure they were in the right place and everything twise. They always rattled obnoxiously at high volume but they don't even do that anymore. just buzzing. maybe they are just completely shot now. i want to get new ones. just need to find the right ones. Also when the radio turns on now, there is a little pop. I was gonna get the bazookas from kee audio but those are out of stock. So i was wondering if the Audiopipe TS-V6 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer would be a good fit from his site. All i want is something to match the stock ones that will not blow if the volume is turned up. thank you for your help, and here is the website,

http://www.keeaudio.com/id72.html
        -dave
        Last edited by cubsfanman3; 05-30-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

keep watching them, they go in and out of stock constantly

Comment

will those audiopipe 6.5 subwoofers do the job???

Comment

Your speakers are blown. The original Monsoon speakers did that with regularity. I got some "new and improved" ones a while back - they are still going strong.

When the speakers are all working properly, the Monsoon sounds great. When the speakers are getting old, it sounds crummy.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                Your speakers are blown. The original Monsoon speakers did that with regularity. I got some "new and improved" ones a while back - they are still going strong.

When the speakers are all working properly, the Monsoon sounds great. When the speakers are getting old, it sounds crummy.
                did these "new and improved" ones come from the dealership, or where? cuz i still need speakers

nice job reviving a dead thread lol

Comment

I replaced all of my stock speakers with Rockford Fosgate. I replaced the 6.5" three ways with some 6.5" RF Power Series two-ways (model number t162c), and they sound absolutely great. The rest of the car was replaced with punch series. In all it didn't cost too much, prob around $230 in total, and sounds incredible, alot more bass than I was expecting, but I rarely ever turn my bass more than 3/4 of the way up. Usually keep it at the half mark and that is plenty for me. I highly recommend the Rockford Fosgate speakers, and I have also heard some pioneers in my firends Camaro, which are also great, just not quite up the the Rockford level.

Bob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X