Amp Rack Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Rack Questions

Alright. Question for those of you who have a subthump rear wall amp rack, or anyone who has built one themselves.

What did you do to mount it to the Rear Wall? I haven't actually devised my own plan of attack yet, but I wanted to see what other have been doing to handle the mounting. Pics would be great. I'll be building my own, but as always, research before procedure.

Thanks in Advance,

Andy
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Re: Amp Rack Questions

i would highly recommend making a custom amp rack and out of plywood and hide it in the spare tire area. I did it and it looks very clean. no issues at all. just fit it with cardboard and then cut it on the band saw. drill a hole for the spare tire bolt and throw a wing nut on their and you are solid!

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
      i would highly recommend making a custom amp rack and out of plywood and hide it in the spare tire area. I did it and it looks very clean. no issues at all. just fit it with cardboard and then cut it on the band saw. drill a hole for the spare tire bolt and throw a wing nut on their and you are solid!
      I did the exact same thing. Its out of the way and works perfectly from that location.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
        Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
        I did the exact same thing. Its out of the way and works perfectly from that location.
        Thanks for your recommendation but that's not a viable option for me, plus it in now way allows for the amp to be cooled properly.

Anyone want to actually answer my question?
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

I didn't even use a amp rack just mounted it to the metal behind the carpet, worked fine and my other amp I mounted on the back side of the flip down peice and that has worked very well , it is all hidden from veiw and is well vented.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X