Xm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xm

Has anyone here ever hooked up an XM receiver to their factory radio?

I have a 2000 Camaro with the single disc Monsoon system and am trying to connect a Roady XT XM receiver. The only option in the instructions is to use a non functioning fm channel which requires changing every time you travel out of the area.

What I am looking for is a way to hardwire it in like you can do with the newer factory radios that have the aux. input jack.

Re: Xm

You are kinda screwed really they do sell adapters for the Sat radios but I think they only work for Sat ready receivers. I have the same issue in my 05 Freestyle it does not have a input jack due to DVD entertainment system. The only way I can get the SAT radio to connect is disconnect my DVD entertainment system or make a RCA input jack cable to plug into the dvd player from the SAT radio.

Comment

XM FM Modulator
      GM antenna adapters

That setup will give you the best sound quality possible. Hardwired right into the antenna. Tricks your factory radio into thinking it's picking up an FM transmission, but it's hardwired into the antenna wire. I've installed no less then 500 of these. Not kidding. If you live in Central FL, I'll help you out.

94firebird34, with the freestyle.... I BELIEVE you don't need any antenna adapters. You just buy the modulator and install. Also, that one only works for XM receivers. If you have Sirius, the model number is FMDA25. Different connection, but same thing. Worse comes to worse, you buy the modulator, take your factory radio out and see you need an antenna adpater. Hop on over to any place that installs car audio and buy them. Best buy, Frys, Wal Mart even. It will either be Ford or Chrysler adapters with the Freestyle.
      Last edited by 96firebird311; 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

You probably need something like this
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Thanks guys......that GM9-AUX from PIE sounds like it may do the job! Only thing I need to figure out is how to connect the Roady XT's one wire to the PIE's stereo input. I'll contact Replacement Radios for that.

Comment

mini-jack to RCA cable. Everywhere sells those too. Best Buy. Wal Mart. etc.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X