stock amp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock amp question

i have a flip out screen that has kinda been acting up on my so i decided to get a new head unit. my question when i took the head to get installed the guy rewired the car so im no longer using the stock amp and the speakers all full range. so what would better if i hook back up the stock amp or should i just leave all the speaker to run full range?

Re: stock amp question

he did an amp bypass. i had it done on my old dodge. he prolly put front speakers on the headunit power and left the rears hooked up to the amp. its usually best if you keep it liek that unless u get another amp to hook the speakers up to. if your speakers sound fine the leave it. if it aint broke, dont fix it. :)

Comment

actually i took a look at the at were the stock amp was and he rean 3 pairs of speaker cables to the head unit so im guessing he straigt up cut the the amp because i took at the look at the back of the unit and he cut out the stock harness and hooked the the head unit harnes to the cables where he chopped off the stock connector.

Comment

Why the hell he bypassed the amp, I have no idea. It's not needed in the f-bodies.

Well.... we have no way to tell what he did. So I have to say, don't screw with it. Install your new headunit exactly the way your LCD is now.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

hahahahahaha ok here how it whent the guy told me that he had to cut the stock harnes cause he couldnt use the adapter to hook it up so he ran speaker cables from the where the stock amp was (he cut the connection from the amp and ran cables from there). so the harnes of the head unit is hooked up to the cables were the stock connectors were. so hered the question should i just install a new harnes that i can pick at a junk yard and also the one for the amp its really not a mess but theres was no point in doing all that, and returning everythin to stock and just buy the harnes adapter and install the new head unit. or hook up the head unit harnes to chopped harnes were the stock stereo connection were?????

Comment

If you're happy with the sound now, who cares? Save the money and trouble of installing new harnesses and just slap that puppy in there.:)
            Last edited by 96firebird311; 09-30-2008, 12:09 AM.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

hahahahahah well the only thing i have are the mid bases and speakers in the rear i have to replace the front ones thats it.

Comment

if i was you i would go back and kick that dude in the nuts for not getting a harness adapter,sounds like he just did a lot of crap when he could have gone and bought a harness and made your life easier

Comment

yeah. im kinda lost but it all sounds messy. hooking up speakers and headunits should stay away from being messy.....

well good luck man. just dont mess ur sh!t up

Comment

yeah he made a mess just for not using a harnees adapter, i dont wanna hook up the new head unit like that to the spliced wire cause i dont witch one is witch. so im just gonna go get a harnes at a junk yard and hook it back up with the stock amp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X