subs are in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subs are in!!

alright as many of you may already know i recently built a custom fiberglass box for my camaro convertible. i just got 2 alpine type e 10" subs with an alpine 400 watt rms amp. i was expecting this to be a pretty mild setup but after testing it out i realized that it gets pretty damn loud. i'll have to keep 'em turned down so i don't go deaf haha. pics coming soon...
    94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
    97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Re: subs are in!!

pics or ban

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
      pics or ban
      i second! bad noob!

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930
        i second! bad noob!
        x3 ....

Comment

ok i'll go steal my mom's digital camera haha
          97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
          98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

do it, or your gonna get banned faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comment

98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

please excuse the ugly spray paint job, it's temporary

and i've got a problem with my subs already...
                    today i turned on my stereo expecting the bass to rattle my eyeballs like it did yesterday, but the subs weren't working at all. i checked all the power connections, speaker connections, and signal connections and everything was fine. is it possible that i could've blown my subs?? they're 250 watts rms each and i've only got 400 watts rms going to them...any input? thanks
                    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

btw this is my very first time ever working with fiberglass :rock:
                      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

first off am i seeing things or is your trunk not a hatch back??? don't think i've ever seen anything like that. Alright well onto the problem. here is a list of things to check.
                        Is the power cable hooked up for your amp
                        Is the ground cable hooked up and grounded properly
                        Is the Remote wire connected properly
                        Are the rca's connected and if so is your sub output turned on. I know on my cd player the deck has an option to turn off the sub from the deck.
                        Are the subs wired correctly.
                        Check your filters too, low pass and high pass to make sure they are both the same so that you have sound coming through the speakers.
                        Gently push on the cone of the speakers and see if they move easily, usually locked up subs don't move freely.

Comment

alright well the amp's power light is on indicating that is has power, ground, and signal cables are all doing their job,the rca's are connected and the sound output is turned on. i have the frequency filter set at 150hz, and the subs do not move easily, however, they did not move easily when they were brank spankin' new either., but they worked great yesterday. thanks for your help. oh yeah btw mine's a convertible which is why my trunk loks strange to you haha
                          98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

problem solved. for some reason the signal cables weren't producing a signal, even though the head unit was set to send a signal. i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in. everything works fine now.
                            on another note, who here's in favor of charcoal carpeting? everyone i've asked so far likes the black spray paint, but i think charcoal carpet would look better :/
                            98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon
                              problem solved. for some reason the signal cables weren't producing a signal, even though the head unit was set to send a signal. i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in. everything works fine now.
                              on another note, who here's in favor of charcoal carpeting? everyone i've asked so far likes the black spray paint, but i think charcoal carpet would look better :/
                              the carpet would add a nice touch, but the paint is nice. IMO carpet though, you could pull it off either way

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X