i dont know how many to put in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know how many to put in

well my boss just gave me some stereo stuff.. all still new in the boxes and everything i was just wondering on what you guys would do. how many would you put in 1/2/3/4 i dont know what i want to do.. he also gave me a 2000 watt amp on top of that...i was kinda thinking putting 2 in and selling 2....

Re: i dont know how many to put in

Depends what you want to do.
    Personally I'd stick one in and sell the rest. My single 10" hits as hard as i could ever want.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Put in 2 and sell 2 to me for cheap!

I need to upgrade from the no-name subs I've got :)

Or put in 1, I've only got 1 in my Fiero, and it's plenty. Get a properly sized box and you're all good.

I still want 2 of 'em :)

Comment

Depends how hard up you are for money. I'm working and going to college full time...and I'd still keep them all. I mean how much do you think you'd really get for them anyway?!?! Not enough to pay the car payment or anything....

Although, I don't think you could squeeze all 4 in without some serious work. And that I'm sure you're not willing to do. (Probably 100% fiberglass) Subthump sells boxes for three 10"s though. But it shows only in the "standard well" design? That doesn't really make much sense, but maybe email Steve and ask for the deep well version with the triple 10" face. Give them all the room you got. And are they dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm? Details on the amp?
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

use 3, sell one to someone locally... i know that someone is almost always looking for a cheap subwoofer around here... as firebird said, specs on the amp would also help greatly to find out what it is capable of handling
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

well these are 12's .

i have 2 rockford amps 1000 watts each but i dont know if they are 2 or 4ohm

Comment

12s? Darn. I need 10s. Don't have enough airspace for 12s. I guess I could run 1 12 in my box and port it...hmmm...

I've heard good things about subthump: http://www.subthump.com/acamaro.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ahank1
                well these are 12's .
                Oh $%#@. Didn't see that. Hmmm... well, again, I'd try to squeeze three in there. It would obviously be a custom job since nobody mass produces a box for three, but it shouldn't be too expensive at all considering it should be all wood.

My vote goes to:
                2 12"s vented
                or
                3 12"s sealed

But again, we need info on the subs and amp(s). It's very possible the two 12"s would be a better match. Look on the back of the subwoofers. Does it have a model number? 12CVRD4 or something like that? Or does it simply say 4ohm+4ohm or dual 4 ohm or anything like that? On the amp, flip it over and look at the back. Any model numbers? We need to know EXACTLY what you have before anyone can really help you.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

I'll buy one of those RF amps if it fits my subs' needs and you're willing to sell :D.

Get us a model number on everything and we'll hook you up man. By the time we're done with you, you'd think Xzibt came and pimp'd your ride!

God, I crack myself up
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

ok they are 12 inch kicker comp vr's 4ohm

and the amp is a jbl grand touring gto.101
                    in case you have not noticed i am real new with the stereo stuff lol

Comment

First, holy cr@p! Who the hell GIVES away a bada$$ JBL amp and four decent 12"s for free?!!?!?!?!

Can you flip one of the subs over and take a picture? I'm pretty sure the CVR's only came in dual voice coil versions. How many positive and negative connections does each one have? Just one pair? Or two? This is what should make some decisions for you. If they are single voice coil, great. I say run two of them in parallel to the amp.

If they are dual voice coil, you should really try to squeeze three in with a series/parallel wiring scheme.
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

In any case, for being new at stereo stuff, you started with some nice equipment.

Have fun!

Comment

Comment

Personally i would sell the 2 channel JBL and get a Pioneer Premier or Kicker Monoblock.
                            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Yeah, I'd sell that amp too. It sux major balls man. I just happen to be looking for a ****ty one to run my components though. Tell ya what, I'll give ya $25 and take it off your hands :)
                              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X