headunit resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headunit resets

my headunit resets everytime I get off my car. I am so tired of having to put back all of the settings, I have the power wire connected and the acc wire connected and I have tried a new ground instead of using the factory ground and it didnt seem to help.Could it be a fuse?btw its a pioneer headunit I bought from bestbuy.

Re: headunit resets

Your constant power source isnt hooked up correctly, therefor its not saving the settings you input.
    \

Did you hard wire this? or use a wire harness, I dont see how you could have messed it up if you used a wiring harness.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

There should be 2 power wires n the back of your head-unit. Most commonly, they are red and yellow. The red wire is the one you hook up to your acc, and the yellow one is the one you hook up to a constant source of power. But they are not always red and yellow, so check your owners manual or online at the manufacturers website.
      Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

ya if you hooked up the harness color for color you shouldn't have any problems with it

Comment

I do have a harness for it and both the power and acc wire are connected

Comment

Yellow to yellow

Red to red?

if so then you shouldnt have a problem, check the wire make sure you have constant 12 volts on at least one of them with a DMM if you own one.

If all is good there u have a problem with the radio.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X