speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speakers

Well this is weird. I left a post about the right speaker behind my passenger seat hissing popping and rattling. So I replaced the speaker and come to find out it still did it. Now I find out it's only with recorded cd's and only on certain songs.has this happened to anybody else?

Re: speakers

Have you looked for snakes behind the plastic?

What type of head unit do you have? Could be that it is having trouble reading discs and is sending out distorted lows to the right side?
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

I have the stock stereo. what do you mean by snakes behind the plastic?

Comment

You said you heard hissing and rattling, thought maybe some rattle snakes may have found there way into your car (I was being funnay).

Switch the right and left speakers and see which side does it. You may have a wiring issue, or a head unit issue.
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Well I ran the CD cleaner a couple of times and that seemed to work,it still does it alittle so I'll probably have to replace the deck eventually. I can't believe I didn't get the snakes joke.Talk about a blonde moment.

Comment

The problem is the radio/head unit. Mine did the same thing. I replaced it with an aftermarket stereo and the problem went away.

Comment

everytime my cell phone rings my radio turns off or switches stations.
              wtf? i dunno. nor do i care. its still a bad *** mother ****ing maro!

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er
                everytime my cell phone rings my radio turns off or switches stations.
                wtf? i dunno. nor do i care. its still a bad *** mother ****ing maro!
                Thats hilarious...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Every time I turn on my interior lights, my headlights turn off. It's going to be my death one night.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X