good speakers for doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good speakers for doors?

my Bose door speaker amp thingy's went bad, so i had to bypass em and wire straight to the speakers. i also replaced the door speakers with some crappy plastic cone speakers i had laying around. the bass from the headunit to the door speakers was distorting them, so i picked up some bass blockers from circuit city and installed on the positive wires of the speakers...it sounds ok now, but i think it would sound alot better with quality speakers in the doors, but i dunno...the sail panel speakers still sound good, but i'm thinkin about bypassing the crossovers on those too...what do yall think would be good speakers for the doors? i need somethin i can crank, as you all know how loud it gets with the windows down on the freeway with our cars ...i cant spend a fortune on em thou...thanx yall

Re: good speakers for doors?

Originally posted by 95astrovan
    my Bose door speaker amp thingy's went bad, so i had to bypass em and wire straight to the speakers. i also replaced the door speakers with some crappy plastic cone speakers i had laying around. the bass from the headunit to the door speakers was distorting them, so i picked up some bass blockers from circuit city and installed on the positive wires of the speakers...it sounds ok now, but i think it would sound alot better with quality speakers in the doors, but i dunno...the sail panel speakers still sound good, but i'm thinkin about bypassing the crossovers on those too...what do yall think would be good speakers for the doors? i need somethin i can crank, as you all know how loud it gets with the windows down on the freeway with our cars ...i cant spend a fortune on em thou...thanx yall

I have alpine type S speakers all the way around in my car and love em. I got em playin off of my alpine head unit and there still pretty damn loud. You dont get a ton of distortion if you tune em right, I dont have the bass blockers but I'm willing to bet the speakers would sound that much better with em. All in all there pretty good speakers and not that expensive.

On a side note, in my moms sable I installed MTX's and they sound pretty damn good to...Those speakers arent that expensive either and IMO give a little bit of a deeper sound.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Re: good speakers for doors?

the bass blockers are pretty nifty. they only let mids and highs get to the speaker, doing the same thing as the crossovers in the doors, only without the amp effect. how did you bypass the crossover unit on the sail panel speakers? i dont know how to find them to remove em

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X