tweeters anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tweeters anyone???

ok so i bought this box today and this guy gave me a set of tweeters to go with it...my only problem is i dont know where to put them....i have 3 way speakers in the front doors already so a tweeter is useless there and i have 3 way 6x9's in the backseat speaker spots...so no need for a tweeter there....i do have the factory sub still in the back with a 10 inch p3 in a vented box in the trunk so i was thinking maybe some how putting them in the trunk maybe....anyone have any good suggestions on where to put them and pics too if you have them....its the 93-96 interior..........also thought id suggest if you have the factory bose sub i pulled that out and sealed every single crack where air could leak out and now that little 6.5 hits like an 8 or a 10...i was amazed for a 12 yr old speaker....but i also have 75 watts goin to it but its sounds good....

Re: tweeters anyone???

the bose sub has a built in 100W amp from the factory

For correct sound staging, you dont' want tweeters in the trunk. It would sound horrible imo. Sounds to me like you don't need anymore, but you can be the judge of it: Do you really need anymore treble?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

My friend had given me some tweeters and crossovers a few months ago and mounted them in the door panel for me. This is the only pic I could find, but you can see one of the tweeters on the bottem left... I think in our cars thats the only spot they will fit...
      http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Picture071.jpg
      Also he had mentioned that sealed sub boxes work better for hatches... I have two 10's in a sealed box in the back so I needed the tweeters :cool:

Comment

i have one set on the door panels and another set i replaced the hooks in the backseat above the speakers....they look pretty good up there

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          Do you really need anymore treble?
          I was about to suggest the same. Don't add speakers just because you have them. Add speakers 'cause you need them.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

yea i jus figured since they were gave to me i might put them in....i dunno i might do it to hear how it sounds and if i dont like it take em out.....and wow i didnt know the factory sub has a 100 watt amp....learn sumtin new everyday.....maybe ill hook that back up thanks

Comment

If you don't have power windows or door locks, you can put them in the door panel where the switch plate would be, I have 3/4" Kicker tweeters installed in there with some speaker grill cloth covering them looks and sounds good.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X