An interesting idear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting idear..

I'm actually liking the DelcoBOSE setup in my 96 Camaro, but I'm thinking that dinky subwoofer in the rear hatch is sucking. Would there be a way to keep the box, maybe upgrade the amp and subwoofer? Any thoughts? I don't want to get a new box and mess up the wiring, ya know?

Re: An interesting idear..

anythings possible...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

search... there should be something about it somewhere. I'm sure you could do it, but if you get a new amp and such then you are probably going to have to rewire it anyway.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i'm not sure of the size of the stock sub, mine was junked long ago but if it's an 8", just go in with a rockford punch...nice soundin mini subs...i have rockford 8 inch subs in place of my rear sail panel speakers :D

Comment

i·de·a
          [ahy-dee-uh]

Comment

I'm pretty sure the "sub" is 6 1/2 inch. The same as the rest of the speakers.

If you upgrade the amp you're gonna have to rewire, so you might as well go for a stealth box and a 10 or 12 inch sub. If you are impressed by the bose, believe me, this will blow you away.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

I second the stealth box idea.

I have the door speakers of the bose system, some pioneers in the sail panels, and a 10" elemental designs 11kv.2 and the improvement over the stock sub was amazing.

Now, they do have better quality 6.5" subs if you are really set on replacing that. That was my original plan, but i realized it would never compare to the stealth box.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinking13x
                i·de·a
                [ahy-dee-uh]
                Depends where you're from.

Nothing wrong with idear, just like drawring. I can't help it if you non-yankees can't say it right.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i·de·a
                  [ahy-dee-uh]
                  Lol. I didn't think anyone who give me **** about it. I'm not from the south or anything, in fact I'm asian.

6.5 might fit? I dunno, I wanna try and take the whole thing apart and figure what goes to what and what can fit. I bet I can find a wiring diagram for it and go from there.

Originally posted by Greg94Red392
                  I'm pretty sure the "sub" is 6 1/2 inch. The same as the rest of the speakers.

If you upgrade the amp you're gonna have to rewire, so you might as well go for a stealth box and a 10 or 12 inch sub. If you are impressed by the bose, believe me, this will blow you away.
                  I'll look into that for sure!

Any other ideas?

Comment

i·de·a
                    [ahy-dee-uh]
                    Anyway, this isn't grammar class.
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X