Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 ACAP4's, and I think they are fantastic. I had a 1 farad lightning cap, but then I put the 1200.1 amp in and it couldnt cut it anymore.

I just re-wired my car to 4 guage wire, and I ran out of wire, so only one cap is hooked up, and with the 4 gauge wire, 1 acap4 is enough. My lights barely dim. When I put the second one on it'll all be fine.

Plus, they are beautiful. Solid chrome, with chrome everything. www.audiodealer.com has them for 75 dollars each, brand new.

I really recommend them- I like them alot.

Joe
    All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Re: Capacitors?

everybody tht i have talked to in the automotive electronics biz has told me all that matters is the farads and what kind of battery and alt. u have. if you have decent stuff then you should be good.and by decent stuff i dont mean expensive.lol

Comment

Discharge rate is a big one too. If you really want to benchmark the capacitors, get an oscilloscope and record the curve of voltage drop using a load that mimics your amp hitting at full power. e.g. if you have a 400w peak amp you should use a ~31amp 0.4225ohm load (assuming 13v ) and see how long it takes for your voltage to drop about 1V. I'm betting you would see big differences between caps with the same storage capacity. (I wonder if that gold plating makes up for a poor/cold solder inside the cap? )

None of this testing would be easy to do, but by all means if you have the equipment, I'd love to see the results.

Comment

Well, there are pico and micro capacitors. Most capacitors are generic; meaning they are not branded. The reason it's called a capacitor is because it has the ability to store an electrical charge. I learned about this stuff in class. :D
          Leonard
          www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
          sigpic

Comment

i have a 96 camaro 3.8l. ive been wiring up stereos forever. i have a system that i dont even know how it is doing what it does. i have 2 12" Pheonix Gold (500 watts each) being pushed by a 300x4 Pheonix Gold amp, but the thing is i have the 12s bridged on channel 1&2 and i have PA speakers on the other 2 channels (i use my car for parties) and i have a .5 farad Lightning Audio ($20). On the stereo i have bostons in the front doors and back seat on the front channels(no amp) and 3 way 6x9 pioneers in boxes on the rear channels out of the stereo(no amp) and none of my lights ever dim and my car last for 7 hours and will still start up like nothing! its all about wiring up everything right BUT some cars just act differently b/c i have a friend with a s10 and he cant even have his 100% factory stereo system on for over 20 mins or his car wont start, so you just need to wire everything up right and learn your car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X