95 firebird stock cd player headunit says LOC on it after I pull fuse...how to fix? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 firebird stock cd player headunit says LOC on it after I pull fuse...how to fix?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 firebird stock cd player headunit says LOC on it after I pull fuse...how to fix?

I have the cheap stock headunit in my 95 firebird. I was checking fueses (because the only breaklights I get is the center one on the hatch, the lower side break lights don't work, but the bulbs are good and the fueses are good) and I pulled the radio fuses, now the radio says LOC on it. How do I fix it? And if anyone knows about the breaklights not working that would be great too.

check your owners manual. it tells you how do mess with it. it the theftlock system.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

I don't have the owners manual

Comment

Call a dealer and see if they can get the code for you.

What specifically is wrong with your tail lights? So someone can help you with that.

Comment

They don't turn on. Except the top center light that is on the hatch...

Comment

sounds like you need a new fuse

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

I think you need a new brake switch

Comment

try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. reconnect it and see if the stereo is still locked.

call the previous owner and ask what the password is.
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods
                Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

A fuse would stop all the break lights from working, not just the 2 outside ones. But I checked and replaced the fuse for good measure.

I stopped by a dealership and they had me hold down the 2, 3 button write down code and press the am/fm button then write down code. Then they went to their puter and told me a list of instructions to do based off of the 2 codes given by puter.

what is a break switch?..or was that a non-serious reply?

Comment

its the switch mounted above your brake pedal,when you press your brake pedal this switch turns your brake lights on

Comment

Yeah, but if that were bad the center break light would not come on.

Comment

That's great the dealer hooked you up, but while you were there didn't you bounce this brake question off the techs as well? That is definitely a weird problem, and I would check the relay box under the hood as well to see if there is a brake light relay (even though you would think it would affect all three). My A/C relay just had to be changed, so now I always go there next after the fusebox.
                        \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

Comment

I did bounce off the question. He said there was a short somewhere. But that seams to be the generic "I don't know answer" ... nother question my left blinker works fine but if I click on the right blinker it stays on (solid light and it does't blink, both front and back comes on but stays on) so what I have been doing in clicking it on and off to make it look like my right blinker works...did I explain that so you guys understand?...and idea what would cause that?

Comment

Originally posted by 34v6needhelp:
                            Yeah, but if that were bad the center break light would not come on.
                            mine did come on when the switch was bad

Comment

ok i am retarded...but oh well......what is a whisper lid?
                              thanks
                              \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X