double din

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double din

I recently found a few head units that operate on the android OS and would like to add it to my fire bird but they are all double din. I expect the front bezel will need modification but will the head unit fit into the dash itself. I would hate to spend all that money on a radio that wont fit.

Re: double din

You might want to search for double din , I know I have seen some threads in here for it before.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I did a fair bit of research on this when I added my deck. I ended up with a single DIN, but a double din can be done.

I couldn't justify paying the money for this, but if you can it could be awesome: http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=100

From what I found out, it is nearly impossible to modify one and have it look stock (unless you shell out some $$ and buy one)
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

there ya go http://shop.doubledmods.com/Firebird...ezels_c141.htm

Comment

so the rest of the dash will hold a double din unit w/o modification. thanks for the help guys. It will be very useful

Comment

not without modification no. You will need to make a custom bracket I believe.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X