Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings everyone!

Hello

My name is Steve and I just got a 2001 firebird in near mint condition.
    I am currently replacing the monsoon system. After I installed my kicker components in the doors I noticed massive loss mid bass. Yes the are wired correctly. Is there some voodoo or magic I require to get better mid out of the doors? I am installing the 6.5's in the sail panels tomorrow. I also got some hushmat for the doors but have not applied it to the door speaker mounts. Any advice would be awesome.

here is a link to a photo of my bird.
    http://sdrv.ms/1dU6vgl

Re: Greetings everyone!

Welcome first off. And as for your sound system, did you use the factory harnesses? And you say components, what's the crossover setup? Are the standalone or inline? Also power rating on them? An as you may or may not know, the sail panel 6.5"s are actually a mid-woofer. If you put a coax r component in there it'll sound awful.

Comment

I rewired/bypassed the monsoon amp on day one :). I installed kicker mids/tweeds in the doors. I have 6.5 cove mid woofers (not connected ATM till i solve the door speaker issue)in the sails. Powered by 4 channel 400w infinity reference amp. I also have 15" kicker cvr in a sealed box(setting on the folded down rear seat facing the hatch) on a kenwood amp. The hatch pods are not used at this time. I had all of this in a dodge stratus and it sounded very nice. SQ > SPL IMHO. I have a pioneer x8500BH head unit. Just an FYI. I have been into car audio for very long time. The first time I heard techmaster PEB in a car 20 years ago and Instantly I was a BASS HEAD. I digress...

back to my mid bass issue.
      I got some hushmat I was gonna use on the door speaker mounts to stiff'N it up some. But I think the issue is the bad *** looking door speaker pods in the firebird.

The speaker is in the inner door and the door panel/speaker pod in front of the 6.5 may be absorbing my mid bass or creating standing waves. If I turn off my high pass filters I get fair amount of sound 30 Hz to 60 Hz but 80 Hz to say 400 Hz seems almost missing. Its been so frustrating! So I am coming to you guys in hopes someone has solved this issue or at the very least can confirm I am not crazy.

Comment

Getting into Firebird door panels is outside my realm. My 94 TA has factory everything, and it'll stay that way.. As for the 00 Camaro, it's got factory, well nothing. I have my front Focal components, woofer in doors, and tweeters in the A pillars. As for sails, I don't use them at all. I have a set of 6x9's I made adapters for in there, but I don't have them wired in. I have another set of 6x9's in the hatch that are in use, and they easily match my RF ported P3 when I have it in the car.

As for your panels, I would say if you can isolate the issue, then you have the means to handle it. You've been around long enough to know how to tune an amp, so I'm sure that's not it. Maybe try relocating the front tweeters into the a pillars?

Comment

If you are missing bass it can only be that these speakers are "out of phase" they must all be pushing air at the same exact time. If you have a C size battery, connect the two
          speaker wires to the pos and neg of the battery. The battery will push the speaker out.
          That tells you which speaker wire is positive and which is negative, then hook up accordingly.
          Phil

Comment

solved with fatmat inside the door pods. thanks guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X