Monsoon sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon sound system

I am getting so frustrated with this system. I understand it is supposed to surpass a lot of other stock systems, even some premium systems... But I got fed up with my head unit over the weekend and I had enough credit at a local shop to pick up everything for a head unit for $21.

I got a Pioneer DEH-150MP. First, after taking out the old deck, I discovered two different plugs. One of which does not connect to this harness I purchased and also, there is one pin that does not even match up to it. Secondly, there is a whole other plug that is not even being utilized...

And then finally, even though this part number for the mounting kit said 98-02 camaros and firebirds matched, it is a PoS and did not match at all, so I broke off half of the mounting things to jimmy it in there until I could get a chance to buy a new one and fix this.

I guess after my long rant... I want to know what do I do about the pin not being used and the whole other plug? I'm guessing it powers the amplifier which I can't notice anyway with my subs. Still would like to be able to turn down the subs and hear it. Also, the antenna is sucking right now, gotta fix that too...

:eek: Sorry! Thanks for any help!

Re: Monsoon sound system

What plug are you referring to? The power for the amp should be a solid blue wire known as the remote wire, that's what tells the amp to turn on and the only thing that should be related to the HU . Pics would help. I installed an aftermarket HU with no issues.

Comment

Sorry for the late response... I dont' have Tapatalk on my new phone so I forget to log in on my laptop... Anyway...

here is the picture, I think the proportions may be messed up, Photobucket is sucking. The one I am pointing to has no harness to connect it to anything.

Comment

Sorry for your problem...breaking connectors will do you in with this system
        and there is no labeling. I would try to piece back the Moonsoon and put up
        with it. Really.

Comment

I'm kinda lost on this as well. Neither of my HU's have that plug, so maybe it's for some other purpose? Maybe a touchless phone option? Not too sure, but if you get the right harness it should run just fine without it.

Comment

I've found the Monsoon system in my 01 to be pretty good except for the rear speakers. ?They rotted in about 8 years so I bought some replacements from Crutchfield which worked out pretty well.

Comment

If you end up hacking into stock wiring I would only slit the wire case and keep the stock connectors just in case you ever have to go back to stock for some reason. I hate seeing missing connectors.

Comment

That one you are pointing too I believe was for cars that had the volume controls on the steering wheel....every car had the wiring to the head unit I believe. I left mine unconnected and it was fine.

Comment

I know this is an old topic, but just in case someone reads it and wants the question answered: That radio connector is for the optional remote CD changer that goes in the hatch area on the driver side. The car probably has the wiring for it originally even if it wasn't installed. Someone probably unplugged it and set it aside since it had no use without the changer. There is another connector on the other end of the cable under the driver side trim panel under the hatch. It is usually taped to the other harness there.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That makes a ton of sense.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X