Back seat speakers stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back seat speakers stopped working.

Last night on my way home the back seat speakers in my '99 stopped working, they worked fine then out of no where just stopped. I have no idea why and can not find an answer, Ive searched and searched. This happen to anyone else? Anyone know why this happened and how to fix it? Im stumped :mad:. I replaced the monsoon deck with a Sony a few months ago, and It does not have the monsoon amp, I dont believe they are blown but I dont know. '99 Camaro Y87 FYI.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Back seat speakers stopped working.

So, I just plugged in some different speakers to see if the current ones are blown, and they are not blown, they are putting out bass and very very faint sound same with the current speakers that are in the car. I really have no idea whats going on. Anyone?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    sigpic

Comment

Without the amp, how are they getting power? Headunit?

Comment

Yeah, well Ive never seen the amp. It should be on the passenger side by the spare, right?
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        sigpic

Comment

Easiest way to tell is look at the wires connecting to the speakers. Stock monsoon wire is a variety of different colors and runs through clips that connect to the speaker housing. Obviously, aftermarket wire isn't. But the amp is jammed way back up under the spare, you have to take it out, and its about 12" forward and above the antenna.

Comment

Oh its behind, ok. Is there a way to tell if its dead?
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            sigpic

Comment

The amp is a multichannel power amp. It just had a small death of your rear channels...happened to me too. Hunt for a new one...ebay is a good place to start

Comment

I've got mine, that I don't use any more. And I'm like an hour away.

Comment

If all connections are good on your head unit then have you ever removed your rear seats? My speakers all stopped working randomly the other day and it was because there is a wire that runs under the carpet across the floor right by the rear back seats that go pinched...the pinched wire shorted and creates a fault on the headunit which just powers down the headunits internal amp. So the headunit still looks like it functions...changes songs etc etc...but you have little to no sound from speakers....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I didnt know that. Like under where someone would sit?
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya, I mean, your short could be anywhere along the speaker line...I just happened to have my back seats out recently, and pinched the wire in the bolt that holds the driverside rear lower seat cushion in place. I believe there is a way to test for a short in the wires with an ohm meter, but I can't help you much there...I'm not great with electrical. I honestly found my problem by googling it, then I sat in the back seat to play with the wires behind my speaker and notcied all of a sudden my speakers worked...then I moved and they didn't...looked down under the seat and saw what I thought was my issue, and It's been fine since...but all my speakers stopped working...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X