Need new speakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new speakers...

So a few months after I bought the firebird the front driver's side speaker started popping. replaced it with a nice pair of HD speakers. Just about a week ago the driver's side rear seat speaker started to rattle (the sub-like one).

My car is 2000 firebird with the monsoon system. Which speakers could I get to replace the stock ones without adding an external amplifier to have the best bass output?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone.

Re: Need new speakers...

Rockford makes some 6.5" kids, but if you want top of the line I'm a fan of Hertz audio. They make a 6.5" full range for the front, and a 6.5" mid for the sail. I have nobidea about the 4" in the hatch panels, I got rid of mine, replaced them and the sails with Hertz HXC690s, and a 12" sub in the trunk for bass.... not like I need it though.

Comment

Hm. So any 6.5s?

Comment

So I got some sony speakers and they aren't two coil... I didn't know that our speakers were two coil. Can I just use one or no?

Comment

The sail panels are midwoofers. Front doors are full range. Sails are very application specific, doors are any basic 6.5 you buy at a store. And you can use those, they would just sound bad.

Comment

The power amp may be blowing them out. What U are experiencing is not normal..U should consider replacing the power amp located by the spare tire on the right side of the rear. Distortion can ruin a speaker and the amp may be breaking up.

Comment

He's got a point. And I've got a spare from my car since I don't use it any more. Basically, check the power handling of the speakers before you jump to conclusions. I think the Monsoon amp was rated 500w peak for the 2000 models, so they're getting ~85w peak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X