GPS Head unit / rear camera options... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS Head unit / rear camera options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Head unit / rear camera options...

I would like to install a GPS head unit with reverse back up camera in the camaro (95 convertible) but cant find info online. Anyone here install anything like that?

Re: GPS Head unit / rear camera options...

Originally posted by landj View Post
    I would like to install a GPS head unit with reverse back up camera in the camaro (95 convertible) but cant find info online. Anyone here install anything like that?
    If you want a double din unit be ready to either custom make a radio bezel or spend a fortune on one that has been made.

If not you're stuck with one of the silly flip up ones.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
      If you want a double din unit be ready to either custom make a radio bezel or spend a fortune on one that has been made.

If not you're stuck with one of the silly flip up ones.
      The flip up ones would not be ideal, but I suppose could work. When I looked at crutchfield's website, they didn't have any that were compatible. They don't list what the conflict is, maybe because it's a convertible and the daylight readability is bad for many of the displays??? Then I read a bunch on how some models are real crap (even the name brand ones), so I'm a bit turned off by them.

I'm game for a little fabrication if it means I could fit a nice double din unit with good GPS software system and a backup camera. I searched for 95 (or 93) double din kits but could only find firebird kits. Anyone find or see any how-to's for 95 Camaros?

Comment

My guess is the incompatibility of the flip up with your car is because of the vents. Perhaps it would block them. That happened when I looked on there for.my GTP and asked around. That is the conclusion I received.

Or perhaps the depth of the unit.

Just my opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 97 convertible, I did some research into a double din unit and in my opinion, it really wasn't worth the amount of trouble to make a radio bezel that would fit a double din unit, you have to cut it, do all the filling and sanding, paint it and I doubt it would ever look totally stock. Guys on here have sold their custom ones for $100+....

Flip up units in my opinion look really cheap and kind of ruin the interior of a car, not to mention as said above - it will block your vents.

It's frustrating, but if you want a good double din unit, you're going to have to either pay, or do some fab work! Good luck!
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

http://shop.doubledmods.com/1994-199...kages_c681.htm

thats what you want...although I thought I saw one for like 100$ or $120 before when I was looking.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That looks pretty clean, I wouldn't mind having one.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                That looks pretty clean, I wouldn't mind having one.
                X2... That's the best I've seen. A little concerned that it looks too good to be true...
                In America's Hat!

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                  I have a 97 convertible, I did some research into a double din unit and in my opinion, it really wasn't worth the amount of trouble to make a radio bezel that would fit a double din unit, you have to cut it, do all the filling and sanding, paint it and I doubt it would ever look totally stock. Guys on here have sold their custom ones for $100+....

Flip up units in my opinion look really cheap and kind of ruin the interior of a car, not to mention as said above - it will block your vents.

It's frustrating, but if you want a good double din unit, you're going to have to either pay, or do some fab work! Good luck!
                  Well when you do your own fab work it leaves a lot on the table when it comes to options.:rock:

-jimfie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X