New head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New head unit

So my Alpine headunit went dead on me , so I just ordered a Kenwood this time. Only had the Alpine 2 years at the most and it just up and quit on me so I hope better from the Kenwood. Its been about 10 years since I have had a Kenwood so I hope Its better.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: New head unit

I've got a JVC KD-AVX33 and I absolutely love it...it works with the stock steering wheel controls with an adapter that plugs in a pin and works directly with the monsoon stock system perfectly! No distortion at level 45/50...very, very loud.

Comment

I have never had a JVC or Pioneer, always been Kenwood, Sony and Alpine. I guess if the Kenwood fails I could go with JVC.lol I got the Kenwood because it has the Ipod USB front slot along with the CD.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I have never had a JVC or Pioneer, always been Kenwood, Sony and Alpine. I guess if the Kenwood fails I could go with JVC.lol I got the Kenwood because it has the Ipod USB front slot along with the CD.
        What kind of Kenwood did you get? And how much?

I bought mine a long time ago, about 5 years ago, I think they have new models out now.

Comment

Bought it on ebay for $180 shipped , will have to see the model #.

Comment

Its a KDC-X695 KENWOOD EXCELON .

Comment

Nice headunit...

Comment

I don't really care for JVC (except for color changing faceplate haha), Pioneer is okay (for the headunits), Sony isn't great for headunits in my opinion either. You did a good choice with Kenwood. That's for just a head unit. I have different opinions on the dvd units, per se.

I would go with Alpine or Pioneer subs for beaters. For one's I keep would be either DCAudio, DD, or AudioQue.

Time to get off my high-horse of sound systems. I love my audio. :) Used to have 2-15" subs in 12cu.ft. box in the GTP.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the Alpine type X's their nice for being so small in their boxes. Before the Camaro I had 4 Kicker 15's in the back seat of my 83' Caviler, was loud.

Comment

Yessir. A fellow bass junkie. :P I built the whole set up, fabrication, everything. Took out the back seats. Took me three months to build.

Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if that posted the pic..Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330038247314.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1537001

Comment

Mine was a wall that took up the whole rear, I have pictures of it somewhere.lol

Comment

I would like to see! Ha.

Comment

Haha, that's extreme...I used to have 1 15" and 2 12" in the Camaro...

Comment

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
                              I don't really care for JVC (except for color changing faceplate haha), Pioneer is okay (for the headunits), Sony isn't great for headunits in my opinion either. You did a good choice with Kenwood. That's for just a head unit. I have different opinions on the dvd units, per se.

I would go with Alpine or Pioneer subs for beaters. For one's I keep would be either DCAudio, DD, or AudioQue.

Time to get off my high-horse of sound systems. I love my audio. :) Used to have 2-15" subs in 12cu.ft. box in the GTP.

The JVC unit I have is a DVD unit with a 4" screen wth bluetooh, handsfree, DivX, its pretty nice...single DIN..I'm thinking of getting a Double DIN 7" JVC unit

You guys know any place that sells a Double DIN bezel for the Camaro?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X