Pictures of box/amp rack I just made..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of box/amp rack I just made.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of box/amp rack I just made.....

Here are a few pics of the system I just put together over the weekend. I still need to re-carpet some stuff and make a lid for the amp rack. Enjoy and let me know what ya think! There on the attachments area..
    Attached Files

Re: Pictures of box/amp rack I just made.....

Hope you live in a safe neighborhood... I would have hidden it more, overall a very clean build.

Comment

Looks good, you could of saved space doing a subthump box setup.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well i do have the option on my car with the rear cargo sun shade.. it covers everything nicely. Thanks for the compliments though..

What do you mean by a subthump box..SSMS5411??

Ive had alot of boxes over the years but this one sounds the best beause of the angle of the box aimed at the window. Nice (horn effect)!!!

Comment

Subthump boxes go on the cobby holes on each side which 1-2 10's can fit and still keep the rear section open for extra room. I currently have 2 10" Alpine type X's off a 1600 watt amp and they pound for 2 10's. Think maybe later going 2 12's type X's.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ahh.. i know what you mean now.. well my cars not a daily driver, and really I like the set up of showing off the stuff ya got. And its so easy to just remove what Ive got.. my itentions were to make a box that sounded great and could be removed in about 10 seconds..lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Subthump boxes go on the cobby holes on each side which 1-2 10's can fit and still keep the rear section open for extra room. I currently have 2 10" Alpine type X's off a 1600 watt amp and they pound for 2 10's. Think maybe later going 2 12's type X's.
              Do third gens even have that cubby hole? I dont think they do.
              Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
              Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
              Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
              Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
              Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I don't know if 3rd gens have it or not.

Comment

Na i dont think i have(thirdgen)the cubby your talking about..

Heres a few more pics since i put it together better today... looks good hu??

The curves were a pain to fit the trunk area.....

Theres a vent in the front of the amp race to let the amp fan breath.. the amps mounted about 1 inch off the ground..
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks pretty good for what it is. but i would have made it with x3 subs or x2 and took up the open space, but the carpetting and all looks pretty good.
                    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Looks really clean. I'd just be weary of it being so exposed...

Guys in my city have been known to follow loud cars home and break-in at night and steal sound systems. Especially if you can see the stuff.
                      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

well ive had the 2 or three subs before in there and its just soo much.. i wanted one good hard hitting 12 and its got a 300Wt rms cadence mono amp pushing it with a 1/2 farad rockford cap... loud enough for me and it not to ungodly heavy either

Oh and by the way i live out in the middle of no where and i only drive it once and awhile... its more of a show thing then wanting to hide the stuff.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                            Hope you live in a safe neighborhood... I would have hidden it more, overall a very clean build.

A nice dark tint would fix that. I didnt install my stuff until my hatch was tinted so dark you cant see through it from the outside.
                            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I just hide mine under the privacy cover

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X