Speaker help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker help

This is for my 08' Silverado with a BOSE system, I want to add a amp and some 6X9' s under the rear seat, how do I get a signal for the Rca's off the Bose system? I know how to wire the power and ground and 12volt switched.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Speaker help

i believe you need a "line out" converter....your doing all that because you want to keep the stock stereo system right?

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
      i believe you need a "line out" converter....your doing all that because you want to keep the stock stereo system right?
      Yes, I like the bose system just need some back speakers, its a ext. cab so I want speakers in the back. Thanks for the response.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Yes, I like the bose system just need some back speakers, its a ext. cab so I want speakers in the back. Thanks for the response.
        noo problem...thats definitely what you need though...but look into a better brand with that...like JL etc...

Comment

Does that just add on to the existing wires to the speakers, like a T.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Does that just add on to the existing wires to the speakers, like a T.
            yep thats correct..just splice it into the rear speaker outputs...coming from the stereo itself of course

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
              yep thats correct..just splice it into the rear speaker outputs...coming from the stereo itself of course
              Sounds good , thanks

Comment

You don't have to run RCAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  You don't have to run RCAs.
                  How else would I get a signal for the amp?

Comment

Since you're running 6x9's instead of a sub, I wouldn't go with RCA's honestly. But you just have to find an amp that either has inputs that can be swapped, or one that has inputs that are just speaker wire, and the amp just boosts it and puts it to the speakers. I can run either way on mine, it's just 2 screws.

Comment

I'm going to be running my PPI 2300 am amp. So its just RCA's coming out of it.

Comment

Check if there's a switch that says input on it, if there is the RCA's can come off, and speaker wire inputs can go in. I'll try to get a pic of mine when I get outta bed.

Comment

I know theres no seperate inputs on it, I have had it since 1992, lol

Comment

Yeah well I was -1 in 92...

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                              Yeah well I was -1 in 92...
                              You suck! LOL I'm still not old...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X