No sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound!

97 Firebird with the stock Monsoon sound system. Bought the car blown up and never tested to see if the radio worked when I bought the car. Dont know if it worked before I changed the motor or not. Battery cable shorted out to the block when the rod blew the side of the block out.

I have no power to the radio. No clock or anything. Checked both the radio fuse and radio acc fuse. Fuses are good. I have lights in the cabin, key chimes and HVAC controls. The odometer screen is also just an orange blob with no numbers. Dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. Is there any fusable links that lead to the radio or any other reason it would be inoperable?

Re: No sound!

best bet is to pull out the radio and with a multi meter see if your getting power at the harness.

Check for proper ground as well.

You should have a constant 12 V
    then you should have another wire that gets 12V with the key on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      4 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X