Lights dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights dimming

Well my amp is onlya 400w, and I know it's not the headunit. But still when the sub hits my entire dashand headlights dim badly. I'm thinking ground right? But where's a good spot? I've got it on the seatbelt mount..

Re: Lights dimming

Your Lights are dimming cause of the voltage drop when the bass hits, how old is you battery? I would take it to somewhere like auto zone and have your alternator and battery tested, Also get a .5 or 1 Farad capacitor and the will help. Also add a second chassie ground to your battery.

Comment

You don't need a cap until 800w... not anywhere near that. I might try the big 3 off ls1tech though

Comment

Check for weak points in your charging system before tossing money at it.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Its a new alternator and 20k on the battery... all wiring is good.

Comment

I would still have the charging system tested unless you bought an alternator from the dealer it is most likly a reman and ive seen them bad out of the box before.

Here is the Big 3 from LS1TECH

As I posted before #2 I believe is the most important I have done 1 and 2 on my car

1. Battery Positive to Alternator Output
            2. Battery Negative to Chassis Ground (used stock chassis on driver's side)
            3. Chassis Ground to Engine Ground (remove rear alternator bracket, run a wire from where the bracket bolted to the engine to the stock chassis ground location on passenger side)
            Last edited by sweetride98; 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Doing the big 3 should help also a Optima yellow top batt. esp, if your turning up the bass.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X