Door speakers sound blown....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door speakers sound blown....

So ever since I got my 99 the door speaker's sounded blown. Well I bought some new speakers and when I took the door pannels off the stock speakers had been replaced with some 14Ow polks so I replaced the doors and when I started playing music they still make the same blown speaker noise. Im kinda stumped here, idea's?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Door speakers sound blown....

Monsoon?

Comment

Yeah Monsoon system.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      sigpic

Comment

Monsoon HU and amp? did you have factory 10 speakers system?

Comment

I had the same thing...Replaced stock ones for some alpines then I heard static.It was the tweeters I didn't replace!

Comment

Speakers do not blow from wattage as much as distortion.
            You need a new power amp...that thing hidden in the back
            of the car by the spare tire.

Comment

Or they're just hooked up wrong..

Comment

I've had this before... its either your amp your head unit... I just replaced both at the same time lol, Looking back I should have solved it, but i think it was my amp that was doing it.
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

I guess I'm thinking of the wrong sound... I have some speakers that only have 1 set of inputs for full-range, instead of the 2 for full-range like the Monsoons need... I can only hook up half of my speaker

Comment

Well I noticed today its just the passenger door. If it was the head unit or amp wouldn't all of them sound like that? Also both wires (tweeter wire and speaker wire) are wired together to a connector that plugs into the speaker. Im starting to think that may be what's wrong but if that is, wouldn't both speaker's make that krackling sound?
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    sigpic

Comment

Typically, yes it would be both. But then again, since when is anything about our cars typical... is it at all volumes or just semi-high and up? Because if it's just higher volumes, it's the wiring. If it's all volume is HU/Amp.
                      Amateur $.02, coming from someone who gets pissed at my sub shaking a bag of groceries in my back seat...

Comment

This is NOT the way to connect the Monsoon. You have in your car a what they call "bi-amping" One amp connected to woofer and a second two conductor cable
                        connected to the tweeter that sits in the center of the woofer.
                        I suggest you consider the JBL 2ohm system I put in My 2000 Camaro.It is mode GTO608 C.....it is a kit with a 61/2 woofer and a small tweeter. You do not use the enclosed crossover as you just connect the speakers separately. It works great and yes you will need to have a professional install the tweeter in a high place on the door unless you feel comfortable. Its been in 2 years with no problem. I have the Monsoon head unit and Monsoon power amplifier.

Comment

I don't have/ want to spend the extra money on the system at the moment cause I want to get the motor done on the other car.
                          3M MAFIA
                          ________
                          sigpic

Comment

I have the same problem. Just the pass side does it, even after I replaced the stockers with Fosgates. I discovered that the speaker just barely touches the door panel on one side of the speaker, so it sounds like its blown, but its not. I haven't fixed mine yet, but that's what it is.

Comment

Mine was actually the wires, whoever owned the car before me didn't know What he was doing.
                              3M MAFIA
                              ________
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X