Random noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random noise

Well I have finished my new system and I'm having issues with random noise will just come in for no reason that i can tell. It sounds like when you take a turntable and drag the needle across the record back and forth untill I shut the car off. Its much louder than the music I'm playing and I cant figure out where its coming from. The system I am using is a Dual 600W amp pushing 1 10" sony explode and 2 VR3 6x9's, It is hooked up directly to a Sound Blaster sound card on the PC I have built to replace my head unit. The sound stops when I remove both RCA connectors from the amp. This issue happened running through the old speaker wires and through a new RCA line that i just installed today. I have checked for anything touching the sound card and i cant find anything. I think tomorrow I will try running an MP3 player on the RCA connection to see if the issue still happens. Also I checked my contacts on the amp everything is tight so if it still happens I'm stumped. Help?

Re: Random noise

Do you have your power and RCA cables run on the same side of your car?

It might be interference between your RCA cables and your amp's power.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

rca's are on the driver side and amp power is on the passenger side. This amp is not new it has been in my car working for about 2 years with the sound and power run on the same side

Comment

I had a simiar issue one time.... it ended up being my one battery terminal was a little loose, and the vibrating of that terminal was picking up through the speakers.

Comment

Thanks I'll check that out tonight.

Comment

OK the issue is in the computer some where ( most likely the sound card) because I ran a PDA through the amp on the computer's wires and had o issues running for about an hour total ( issues happened within the first 10-15 mins usually) so the wires and the amp are fine. I am going to try the built in sound card tomorrow I think its because there is no were to lock the aftermarket card into so its vibrating loose.

Comment

I had noise too and I got the Kensington "noise reducing AUX cable" and it works...On sale now for $5 after rebate.
              Newegg .com
              Extended Price
              75-995-073 CP ACC KENSINGTON K39203US R

Comment

got it fixed it was the soundcard going out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X