The new box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new box.

Alright, so when I bought the Rockford last week it was shot. Couldn't even take 400w. So I called the guy up, and got my money back. And I'm not sure if you guys remembr my old box, that sat on the ledge above my gas tank. But now I buld myself a new one. And here's an old pic, and some pics of the new box.

Let me know what you think!

Oh, and ten points to anyone who knows the symbol on the left of the new box.
    Attached Files

Re: The new box.

not too bad, what is that symbol? lol

hows she sound? did you do everything from scratch?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
      not too bad, what is that symbol? lol

hows she sound? did you do everything from scratch?
      It would ruin the fun if I just told you... and yes. 1 sheet ¾" MDF and 18 hours of work later. Took so long due to TERRIBLE measuring...

Comment

Nice work mang. What size sub is that? 15?
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Nah.. its only a 12. 400w amp hidden.

Comment

Looks good. Similar size box to mine, I can't tell, is it ported?
            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
              Looks good. Similar size box to mine, I can't tell, is it ported?
              It is not. Sealed at 1.55 cu.ft.

Comment

I would probably port a 12. but i guess its too late for that. box is usually planned out for it or not lol.
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                  I would probably port a 12. but i guess its too late for that. box is usually planned out for it or not lol.
                  Why? Ports are usually o make it louder. Trust me, NOT necessary. Plus its made for a P2, which wants 1.55 inner volume for a sealed box and 1.8 for ported. So if I started messing with that, the sizing of. The trunk really doesn't add up. But the main reason is that I listen to alot of heavy metal. A sealed box has a much sharper, cleaner sound. It sub reacts faster, and has a more 'punchy' sound to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                    Why? Ports are usually o make it louder. Trust me, NOT necessary. Plus its made for a P2, which wants 1.55 inner volume for a sealed box and 1.8 for ported. So if I started messing with that, the sizing of. The trunk really doesn't add up. But the main reason is that I listen to alot of heavy metal. A sealed box has a much sharper, cleaner sound. It sub reacts faster, and has a more 'punchy' sound to it.
                    You are right.. I just prefer the ported sound. For metal you have the right box it does sound more "punchy". Nice build!
                    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

You are right.. I just prefer the ported sound. For metal you have the right box it does sound more "punchy". Nice build!
                      Thanks :) But just because it's sealed doesn't mean it doesn't hit hard as ****. I was sitting next to my friends car, and it was shaking his seat, mirrors, and steering wheel... inside my car, it's like deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        Thanks :) But just because it's sealed doesn't mean it doesn't hit hard as ****. I was sitting next to my friends car, and it was shaking his seat, mirrors, and steering wheel... inside my car, it's like deafening.
                        Haha yeah! I had a sealed box but it wasn't the sound I was looking for, the ported box made a world of difference. It is so loud I almost don't enjoy it LOL
                        In America's Hat!

Comment

Haha yeah! I had a sealed box but it wasn't the sound I was looking for, the ported box made a world of difference. It is so loud I almost don't enjoy it LOL
                          Yeah, I understand that now. My old box I could sit at 25 on my stereo all day. Now, I can't go much over 18 for evry long without a headache.

But the "ported" sound can be cancelled out by some technical amp tuning in a sealed box too. I maxeba tester song, and the new sub hits from about 32hz up to about 170hz.
                          Last edited by Docta; 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

RIGHT. I bought a Rockford Punch P2 the 6th. Last night coming home, the cone cracked. Guess what's not under warranty... it was under a cover in my trunk, with 400w in a sub that can handle 500w. Please someone tell me how the ****ing hell that's my fault?!?!?! It has "physical damage", NO **** SHERLOCK... and therefore voids the warranty?!?!?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Get a Kicker Comp VR. It will never break. I've been running Kickers since 1992 and have never had problems with a single one, ever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X