Got the box finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the box finished!

Finished off my sound system today. Got Focal components (6.5" and .5" tweets) up front, some Kicker shallow mount 6.5" subs in the sails, and some Focal 6x9's in the rears. Bought a Sony Xplode sub and Pioneer 400W amp off Craigslist a while ago. What do you guys think?

Btw, the car in the garage is my 94 T/A =DD

Last edited by Docta; 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM.

Re: Got the box finished!

Thats pretty much how I went about it for my sub, cept for I just bought a truck box for mine. I like it there. Good work!

Comment

Not bad focal is a good speaker, for the box though I would get some black or dark grey carpet from checker or a auto parts store and just wrap it. Doesn't have to be perfect since the back won't be seen so carpet and some spray glue or staples will work great. For the corners just make a slice and then pull it back and staple or glue. Should be a write up some where on how to carpet a speaker box. I leared back when I was 18-22 working as a car installer and building boxes. How does it sound?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's actually got a charcoal suede on it right now :PP And it sounds AMAZING. But the sub is pretty low end, so when I can, I'm moving the 400w amp to the rear cubby, on a Kicker 8-10 for high bass. And getting an 800-100w on a JL 12 in that box.

Comment

your trans am looks like a dodge truck... lol
          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Your gonna want to tint that back window before some one walks off with your amp and sub. I had 2 10"s in the same spot with blacked out windows and still got ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
              your trans am looks like a dodge truck... lol
              Under the tarp... it's in winter mode.

And I live in the middle of nowhere, crime doesn't happen here :D

Comment

Looks Awesome!

Comment

All sounds pretty good except the Sony xplode. I really prefer the stealth boxes as well, but I'm sure that puts out some bass.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Once I can there's one going in

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X