Next on my list: Replacing audio system. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next on my list: Replacing audio system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next on my list: Replacing audio system.

I'm running the factory Monsoon am/fm/single cd player in my car. The bulbs are burned out behind #1 and 4. The front door speakers are nearly shot. The rear sail panel speakers seem to be okay but are getting weak. The rear trunk speakers vibrate and sound like crap.

I'm going to replace everything including the headunit. I need a CD player that will sync up to my BlackBerry where I have all of my music stored.

So not know much about audio equipment, and only wanting quality sound (none of that ghetto bumpin'), what do I need to start with? I prefer a Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer or Sony headunit. I don't really care what brand the speakers are, but I am on a budget and want decent quality.

Also, I can't find the thread that discusses the aftermarket headunit being wired up to operate from the steering wheel radio controls. I use that feature a lot and really don't want to lose it.

Thanks, Joe

Re: Next on my list: Replacing audio system.

Alpine head units are great , I have had sony before and their good but I'm a Alpine lover now and Alpine speakers are great also. I use usb and MP3 players so having a plug in on the stereo is great , Hifonics amps and Boston Acustic amps are doing very well for me. The Hifonics Brutis for the price is working great.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Your choice on headunit and speakers. Crutchfield does a pretty good job of narrowing down choices based on preferences and vehicle fit. For utilizing your steering wheel radio controls, you'll need an adapter. Look up PAC-SWI and you should find the model that matches the head unit you pick up.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Also check ebay and theres a stereo place online thats has pretty good prices also forget the name.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok sounds good! I found a nice Alpine setup that will work great. I appreciate all of the information. Time to get to work on it.. :stp:

Comment

I have a clarion vz300 in my car and its awesome. Plays Dvd's/MP3's/Cd's/USB and many more features. 250$ shipped from ebay. Comes with install kit and wiring harness. :)

I have pics on my fquick of my stuff.

Nothing wrong with bumpin though, It sounds much better than just stock and/or replacements. I wasnt a big fan of Bass but I love my system.

350$ for a loaded sub box with 2 10's and a amp along with the 250$ unit. All kicker.

Money well spent on my part, Not sure if its within your budget though.
            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X