Question 96 Camaro Vert speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question 96 Camaro Vert speakers

I know the door and rear speakers are probably pretty straight forward replacement, ( what about wiring and amp placement ?) but was wondering about the trunk. I know they make sub boxes for the others but have not found one made for the vert. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The wife wants to rock out and feel it, in her vert whilst cruising down the highway.
    Thanks for any help y'all may be able to provide.

Re: Question 96 Camaro Vert speakers

I have a 'vert as well and am currently working on a sub box. I looked everywhere for 'vert subwoofer info and from what I have read, the preferred sub placement is under the rear seat, firing into the floor. My box will require the floor mounted rear seats be removed and the seat back will be laid down on top to conceal the box.

I never have passengers back there so no problems there. I am using a pair of 8" CDTs and mounting a US 6 channel amp in the trunk on the shelf below the convertible top. I'll post pics and info when it is finished (about 2 more weekends)

Beware of the rear speakers as the screws must be very short or they will catch your top and give it a nasty tear (friend found out the hard way)...fronts are easy enough, be careful pulling out the door switches plate, the tabs break easily. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

this guy makes some http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reszygvx/

Comment

heres one more idea http://hewsoninc.ca/subwoofer.htm

Comment

Insted of putting a box under the seat. My project this winter will be building a box that will fit in its place. I don't need both seats in the back. I don't want to sacrifice any trunk space either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X