Delco head unit part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delco head unit part #

I need to replace the factory head unit in my '98 firebird. I tried searching for one through ebay but I'm finding head units that look the same as mine but fall under different part numbers, though sellers say they'll work in my car. The part number on the sticker on top of my radio/head unit is 16228082.

For example- This guy says his came out of a 98 firebird as well, but part number 16213372.
    Another example- also part # 16213372, and looks the same as mine.

I looked around on the web and people say both will work in a 98 non-monsoon firebird, but why the different part numbers?

(FYI yes I did an ebay search for my part # but I'd like to spend less than those buy-it-now results ask.)
    sigpic

Re: Delco head unit part #

Is it a Monsoon system or not?
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Non-monsoon... not monsoon...
      sigpic

Comment

The radio's with non-monsoon systems are fairly interchangable. I don't believe that it has to be that SPECIFIC part number.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

OK thanks mogobs. I'll see what I can get on the cheap.
          sigpic

Comment

Many units that are that old ten plus years...the CD no longer works...you are better off with a cassette unit if you are buying used.

Comment

I bought the radio off ebay that came out of a '96 Grand Prix. Looks exactly the same but it's a different part number. I installed it yesterday but I'm still having some of the exact same problems my old one had. I just dropped it off at the shop and they're going to look for a electrical short which I'm almost certain is causing it (radio sometimes won't start with the car, radio sometimes randomly shuts off / turns on, volume knob doesn't adjust properly).

Also, no way in hell I'm putting a cassette player in my car if it never came with one.
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X