subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subs

well my rear seat side panel speakers have blown recently and i considered getting some 6-1/2 subs to replace them and i found

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...10CVT652-.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...10CVT654-.html

these two but the only difference in them is the ohms...now i know nothing about subs, but which do i need if i do decide to go this route

2 ohm or 4 ohm?
    will it sound good not in a box?
    will the stock monsoon amp power these?

Re: subs

Im not sure how they would sound in where a speaker would go.
    The monsoon should power them but if your going to buy subs, you might think about getting a good amp to power them, but since they are the 6.5s the monsoon should have enough power. Just a side I have 2 sony xplode 10s with a 1000 amp and they hit hard, harder then alot of peoples 12s, and I only paid 60 a piece for them new, that is if you decide on keeping speakers in there.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

Two ohms will give greater audio output but the original were four ohm.
      Make sure they are "in phase" that is they are pushing air in synch. together.
      YOu need to wire them correctly.

Comment

How do you wire them correctly? Is it just matching the wires or is it more involved than that?

Comment

I wouldn't put them in the place of original speakers, it is not a well sealed enclosure and it would totally distort the music because you would be getting way too much bass in the area you end up hearing most of your music out of.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdn View Post
            How do you wire them correctly? Is it just matching the wires or is it more involved than that?
            yes, when you are just running them through the original system and not a separate amp, you just connect the wires like normal speakers.

Comment

I put in two Bazookas that I got from kee audio that sells them as direct replacements. They sound great.... except for the lows/bass. Is it because they aren't in an enclosure? My alpines in the doors hit way harder. There is no way to enclose that space because of the convertible top. I had hard enough time just getting the damn things to fit in there without my top crushing down on them. I would think they would hit uber hard so what is the deal???

Comment

basically yes, when subs are enclosed it creates a vacuum I guess you could call it and that is when the really deep loud bass is noticeable. Bazookas are nice, its just that they need to be enclosed in the trunk or the t top space in the back. Plus, if you are just running them off of the factory system and not a separate amp, they are not getting the power needed to really hit hard, they are just getting the same amount of power as regular speakers but you will not get the same sound as regular speakers for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdn View Post
                  I put in two Bazookas that I got from kee audio that sells them as direct replacements. They sound great.... except for the lows/bass. Is it because they aren't in an enclosure? My alpines in the doors hit way harder. There is no way to enclose that space because of the convertible top. I had hard enough time just getting the damn things to fit in there without my top crushing down on them. I would think they would hit uber hard so what is the deal???

That has to be a convertible issue. I had 8 inch subs in my sail panels before and they bumped pretty good.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Yeah that's what I figured. I assumed that the factory amp would be enough....guess not. Well I guess I'll have to figure something out then. Well thanks for your input guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X