Using 2 different subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 2 different subs

So I have a 10" Alpine type X DVC 4 ohm in my drivers side subthumb stealth box which is pretty loud, I had my Alpine type R DVC 2 ohm in there before but wanted it a bit deeper and louder which the type X did. But now I decide to order the pass. side subthumb box 10" and will wait on ordering another Alpine type X , since I still have my type R, so I will use the type R and type X. For power I'm going to go ahead and run my PPI 2300am 2 channel amp 1 side at 2ohms to the type X which is about 700 RMS and run the other 10" type R channel at 4 ohms 350RMS until I buy another Alpine type X for $208 shipped. Or I could see if I could fit my old school round 12" Kicker Solo Baric in the pass. box if there is enough space to make the speaker fit on the front, depth I'm not worried. It is 4ohms so it will only get 350 RMS. I had 2 of them before in it in .88 cuft. per sub and it was very loud. What do you guys think ? Opinions? When I get another Alipine type X I will run 700 RMS to each one which they respond very well to the power and sound great, deep clean loud bass.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Using 2 different subs

No replies? Well I decided to order another Alpine Type X $208 shipped, so I should have the stealth box here this week and should run 750 RMS to each sub, so it should be alot louder, plus adding another 32LBs from the speaker and 20lbs from thee box should even out the rear some more. I also orderd speaker covers for them since I will be taking them out now and then along with the PPI 25 LB amp. So thats a 125LBS I can remove for the track. I shall be bassing again though.LOL
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I find it hard to believe a single 10" with 700W is not enough bass for you. I have a single 10" in the stealth box with ~175W and it's capable of producing more bass than I can stand to listen to for more than a few minutes.

There really aren't any disadvantages I can think of to running different subs, other than they might not compliment each other very well, but obv the two same subs will be similar sound just much louder.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I use to have 2 12" kicker solo barics so, its not what I'm use to and beforee that in my other car, I had 4 Kicker 15's so bass is what I like sometimes when I'm crusing. So I think th 2 Type X's will be enough.

Comment

Jeeze. Bass maniac much?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X