sub box build and install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub box build and install

I just wanted to show everyone what ive been working on the past couple weeks. I built my sub box for two 12s out of 3/4" MDF (it weighs over 50lbs) and then fiberglassed the top to make it fit just right in the T-top storage area. I was pleased with how it turned out. I also painted over my subs logo in the center then cut out a couple firebird decals and put them on there I think they really add to it!

What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Re: sub box build and install

GREAT. I love the creativity

Comment

thats awesome. I've made a couple sub boxes. Mine just sits behind the rear seat so i can still use the t-top holders
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

That is pretty awesome! Would be professional looking if it was sanded smoother, but it the fact that it fits that well is an accomplishment on its own!

Comment

x2 on some more sanding, but you can always pull it out and do that later on... those firebird decals look awesome... makes a custom job look like it was supposed to be there... good job
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Thanks everyone!
            I do have problems now trying to find a spot for my t-tops though. and i deffiantly could have sanded it more but was just ready to get it in there and hear it! one day ill pull it out and spend a little longer on it. thanks again!

Comment

I've seen the custom ones with built in t-top holders

http://www.subthump.com/acamarottop.htm

maybe you could implement that idea? idk
              auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

thats prettty neat, they just slide ride in there, an it's not a gaping hole either. But good job on the custom box. I'd do it, but I don't know the mechanics of how the boxes are to be built.

Comment

clean up your wires.

Comment

looks good, try to get it smoother

im finishing up my box today also

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                      I've seen the custom ones with built in t-top holders

http://www.subthump.com/acamarottop.htm

maybe you could implement that idea? idk
                      Subthump does have some clean boxes and are of very good quality plus looks. I have the drivers side stealth with a Alpine 10" type X. The bass is outstanding, so I'm thinking out doing a Pass. side with another 10" Type X.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If you do make a slot for your t-tops like the sub thump in that link, just be careful that you have some sort of padding like carpet, maybe, lining the slot bc you don't want the glass to be wedged against the sub box... a nice bass note could lead to a not so nice "crack" lol
                        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Thanks for the advice ill sand it some more make it look a little nicer and mabey try to hide the wires better.
                          I love the twin nitrous tank set up n20equip has I have a single tank there, i might just have to get another one. I also have a zex kit.

Comment

looks great, and you just gave me a good idea, build the box, but at a different angle so i can still use that flap piece in the back to hide the subs when parked

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                              looks great, and you just gave me a good idea, build the box, but at a different angle so i can still use that flap piece in the back to hide the subs when parked
                              thats what i was going to orginaly and with the subs out of the box it works perfect. if it wasent for the amp you would never know there were any subs in it. Once i put my subs in though that silver one inch lip all the way around sticks out too far and the flap thing cant fold back quite far enough so it dosent work as well as i thought it would. So try to keep you subs low enough and it will work perfect

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X