Looking for head unit suggestions... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for head unit suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for head unit suggestions...

I have a 2002 Pontiac Firebird and I need something that's going to be loud enough to be heard (safely) while the T-Tops are off in the summer...

My setup is going to include
    -- A Head Unit that must have the following features CD's/CD-R,DVD's, MP3's, XM Radio Ready, and a flip screen to watch DVD's (while parked of course)

-- A Amplifier

-- Four new speakers

-- XM Reciever

-- POSSIBLY Navigation Reciever

My NEEDS

Head Unit that matches my gauge / dash lights (RED)
    --Must play CD's, DVD's, MP3's, XM Radio with extra equipment, Flip Screen
    --At least 45x4Watts

Speakers
    --Good enough to be heard audibly with the T-Tops off and doing 70 MPH.

My WANTS (cool to have but not necessary)
    --Navigation Ready

Can anyone give me a Head Unit suggestion which lights up red? also what kind of specs and wattage should I be looking for between my Head Units, Speakers, and Amp???
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Looking for head unit suggestions...

Sony is alright or you could look at alpines, I went with with a Alipne that stores up to a 1000 songs and uses my 32GB usb, I like it because it will store the in files or you can have random selection, I have like almost 600 cds that I'm copying the best song off each cd and then get songs online I like for free. So I will have all my old school music then going up to the new music. Really no need for cds becuase you can copying them to your usb then your done. just a thought. I know some have the display for video , mine is just for pictures.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

pionner. straight up. i have a p3100 in my 02 bird right now and i absolutely love it. i was thinking about getting the 7" p4100 but decided to go with the cheaper of the two. it does pretty much everything..except nav. however you can buy nav units from them as well, i just had no need. look into them, i thoroughly enjoy mine.
      Last edited by bigairboarder44; 12-25-2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Most of your sound quality and level is going to come from your amp, so headunit is not as vital, but I still advise you stay away from brands like sony, jensen, jvc, and other cheaper brands. I think Kicker makes great amps that are very high quality and reasonably priced. Pioneer is my choice hands down for headunits. Every time I've bought something else I was disappointed. I've had 3 or 4 Pioneer units and I was very happy with all of them. Reliable, great sound, nice feel, etc.

As far as speakers, pioneer I believe is the best bang for your buck especially in lower priced speakers. I'm also a fan of Rockford Fosgate. Rainbow audio is at the very top of my list, but they are pricey.

Good brands:
        Polk, Pioneer, Kicker, JL audio, Focal, Infinity, Clarion, Alpine, Rainbow, Rockford Fosgate

Bad brands:
        Boss, Dual, Sony, JVC, Jensen, Audiovox, Kenwood, Power Acoustik

To name a few.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

For amps I have had the best experience with PPI and Boston Accustics and mids & highs Kicker , Infinity Kappa, and Polk. Subs have been Kicker Solo Barics, Alpine type R & X series and JBL. I never had a Pioneer head unit, but have had friends have them, and always liked them. I had Kenwood head units that were great also, but my Alpine has been the best so far.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X