fat mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fat mat

I bought some its like dynamat , I don't know where to put it . I have a 400 watt 10 in kicker comp CVR stealth box . Should I place some behind the box ?

Re: fat mat

I would line the entire truck are with it and see what you have left. Doors next, they seem like they let in a lot of road noise.

Comment

I used Dead mat all through my car and doubled it up on the back and floors so its not as loud inside with the exhuast, I did this when I replaced my carpet so I had seats and everything out. I liked it better since it doesn't need to be heated on..
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so would it be a bad idea to put some around the stealth box ?

Comment

yes, you can put it anywhere in the car, if you put it on the stealth box it might not fit in its spot or might not stick to wood. I would just do the hatch area.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I would burn it personaly. i used fat mat in my car. and it all came off the glue turns into a nasty liquid tar it will smell funny on hot days and comes off when it gets cold. EDead makes a much butter product.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
              I would burn it personaly. i used fat mat in my car. and it all came off the glue turns into a nasty liquid tar it will smell funny on hot days and comes off when it gets cold. EDead makes a much butter product.
              The dead mat is really good , living in AZ in the summer it gets plenty hot and had no fumes, so I don't know how fat mat is. But that would suck if it burns and smells.LOL

Comment

:( dayum well I will put a small portion on and see how that goes , If the glue turns to tar how would I take it off ?

Comment

ya the fat mat smelled and i used some SOS pads to remove the tar

Comment

Fatmat is glorified roofing material marketed as a sound deadener. If you must use it, use it only on flat horizontal surfaces (floor) as it has a habit of peeling off when applied vertically. If it were me, I would sell it on Ebay and spend extra for Dynamat or Edead...

Comment

I have a ton of eDead 80 and v4 Teklite. I had minor peeling issues in the doors when it got over 90*, but I didn't really clean the surfaces before applying and I believe if I had there wouldn't be any problems. I have like 350 sq ft of stuff in my car completely covering the floor and walls. Made the stereo sound incredible, but didn't do much for road noise IMO.
                      Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 02-08-2010, 08:42 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ive read that the doors are the best place to start then trunk or hatch area then floors then roof if youre really insane with it.
                        sigpic

Comment

So what is the BEST ?

Comment

Most will say eDead has the best cost to effectiveness ratio.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

which edead is the best bang for the buck ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X