Gutted cat need to satisfy oxygen sensor. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gutted cat need to satisfy oxygen sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gutted cat need to satisfy oxygen sensor.

The passenger o2 has been goin off since feb when i rebuilt motor believe its running too rich maybe something wrong with injector it only tripped the ses light when i got on it if i drove decent for over 40 miles the light would go off (i know you cant use sim on upper o2 sensor). Then i noticed an exhaust leak coming from egr hose so i took it off plugged them up for now so now the ses stays on permanently from that. I just wanted to make sure that post cat o2 sensor didnt do more than throw ses light since i gutted the cat. I guess the car running too rich destroyed honeycomb, but i guess better run rich than lean.
    Last edited by fredbmxer4life; 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

And i have already bought a new o2 sensor and replaced it because i used an impact to bolt up headers to y-pipe and fogot to remove o2 sensor so i thought it cracked ceramic in sensor but went down road and same problem when i got on it so its motor related.

Comment

Originally posted by fredbmxer4life View Post
        The passenger o2 has been goin off since feb when i rebuilt motor believe its running too rich maybe something wrong with injector it only tripped the ses light when i got on it if i drove decent for over 40 miles the light would go off. Then i noticed an exhaust leak coming from egr hose so i took it off plugged them up for now so now the ses stays on permanently from that. I just wanted to make sure that post cat o2 sensor didnt do more than throw ses light since i gutted the cat. I guess the car running too rich destroyed honeycomb, but i guess better run rich than lean.
        Get it scanned and post up the exact code that it's putting out.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

So i gutted the cat got exhaust welded back on started same stuff so next guess was muffler. Cut it off goin down road same problem did a little reading up last night and i read up on plug wires and arc'ing. Lord behold i converted to headers so i had to get longer 3.4l 90 degree boots and i had to hold them up from headers so i ziptied together. So i cut zip tie and where the three plugs were touching the wire skin was hazy. Reran wires and not one problem out of car today. So those three wires were arc'ing pretty much causing random misfires on the whole side of motor. Lesson learned zip ties and plug wires dont mix... :slap:

Got new egr and waiting on my code reader to come in got one for labtop on ebay so hopefully i can get full diagnostics on codes.

Comment

Zip ties are fine.. Just not too tight. Glad you figured out the problem.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X