What is this sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this sensor?

So I'm tearing apart my new Camaro because the moron kid who used to own it had done all sorts of stupid wiring for an audio system and amidst the project I find a random cut wire about halfway down the inside sill. I trace it all the way into the engine bay where I find it spliced into a sensor. What sensor is this and what the hell would you splice into it for?

It's right below the coils on a 3.4L Camaro. There's 2 sensors, but it was spliced into the bigger one in the back
    Last edited by VTJosh; 08-07-2009, 07:12 PM.

Re: What is this sensor?

that is one of the sensors that plugs into the ICM (ignition control module) which your coil packs sit on. I have no idea why someone would want to tap into that particular wire. seems pretty stupid to me.

if you have any more Q's about your 3.4 let me know, i've been around the block a time or two with this engine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      3 days ago
    • ssms5411
      Little work today
      by ssms5411
      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
      2 weeks ago
    • LETZRIDE
      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X