PLX wideband vs. LC-1 wideband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLX wideband vs. LC-1 wideband

I am trying to make a decision between the PLX and LC-1 widebands. I have read the manuals for both and have come to a few conclusions so far. Keep in mind I would be buying a kit that included the serial gauge and that I plan on buying HPTuners Pro.

-They both use the same wideband o2 sensor, allow for a gauge to be connected through the serial connection, and have the same analog outputs
    -The PLX seems to sit in the vehicle making the wiring thats in the vehicle easier
    -The LC-1 seems to attach under the vehicle making the wiring thats under the vehicle easier.
    -The PLX has no calibration required.
    -The LC-1 comes with a 2.5mm to DB-9 serial cable and logging software for your laptop

I figured I would break it down like this because there were no threads with information on both of the widebands and this may make it easier for someone in the future.

Which one is better/easier to use? and THANK YOU!!!
    1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Re: PLX wideband vs. LC-1 wideband

PLX all the way. I've had mine for 2 years and it has worked great. Great customer service too.

I've heard several complaints about the LC-1.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

There is a "which wideband is right for you" sticky in the EIO section of the hptuners forum that might interest you.

Personally I don't have experience with either.

Comment

I like my LC-1...fairly easy to wire up...my EIO connection off of hptuners just stays in the car attached to the wires in the glovebox...so when I want to tune its just plug and play...real easy to run it through the firewall to...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I read the post on the EIO section of the hptuners forum. I am still unconvinced to which one is better.

I have no idea why even though with the LC-1 you get a free air calibration wire, DB-9 serial cable for laptop, and logging software, that my head is still saying PLX!

We are 1-1-1 right now. Someone just pick for me!
          1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Comment

I like the software function on the lc1 that allows you to change the paramiters of the sensor itself, like how fast it gets the data...big help when tuning...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

How often do you have to calibrate the sensor? Do you see its accuracy decrease with usage to require calibration?

Comment

I have had my PLX-m300 for 7 years no problems, haven't even changed the wideband sensor yet. Very good unit. Also was very accurate on the dyno with their wideband.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thank you, that makes the score 2-1-1 for the PLX!

I am choosing the PLX. This is not because of ssms5411, he only made me feel better about my decision.

I have read more on the HPTuners forum about both the LC-1 and the PLX. It seems that the issues Shodown speaks of may be related to the many issues LC-1 users have with the AFR equation for HPTuners to read the same AFR as the LC-1 serial gauge reads. This may only be a problem for people without the Profesional interface, and this may be a problem that PLX users could have too; but what I am certain of is that it happens with the LC-1 so I will take my chances with PLX.

I am half tight with my money, half an overly educated consumer, and half living in an apartment on a co-op job through school away from home so decisions for me are always hard.

I appreciate all the input and to LETZRIDE, I am in no way putting down the LC-1 in my previous statement or I wouldn't have considered it so much! It almost had me with the logging software, but PLX just made available many wiring diagrams online, and I feel more comfortable with it.
                  Last edited by saltnvinegar6287; 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

[QUOTE=saltnvinegar6287;928622]Thank you, that makes the score 2-1-1 for the PLX!

I am choosing the PLX. This is not because of ssms5411, he only made me feel better about my decision.

Thanks , I'll sleep better at night now.LOL J/K Good choice to go with, their newer models look alot better, I wish I could upgrade,PLX rep. said he would give me a discount to the newer style, but since mines running fine no need to.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X