Wideband not reading same as HPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wideband not reading same as HPT

So the basic issue here is I have absolutely no clue if my wideband and HPT are matching up right or not. To start with they were wayyyy off, by like ~3 full "units" between the gauge and HPT. Not only that but the reading in HPT is going all over the place, even when the gauge isn't moving.

So the first thing I tried was to start then stop the scan and see if the AFR in the scanner was close to what was on the gauge. Well due to the fact that the scanner was reading the AFR all over the place, this didn't work.

So The next thing I did was start the car, let the WB kinda settle into a range at idle, then start the scanner. Then I looked at the average value in the AFR histogram and compared it. I could get it closer this way, but I have no clue if it is close because the average will probably only work for a few seconds. (right?)

BUT I think I got it to within ~.1 or .2 most of the time. I did this by my above method coupled with 5_liter_eater's post in this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20195

Any tips? Is this how you guys do it?

And yes it is the AEM UEGO wideband.

Re: Wideband not reading same as HPT

Also Using that formula from the hptuner forum, I ended up with volts/.5 + 13.75. Does that seem like too extreme of a deviation from the orignial +10?

Comment

Your best bet is to ask this on the HP tuners board. Someone there should have some experience with the same wide band you have.
      sigpic

Comment

I had no problems with my PLX using the formula , just had to dial it in .3-.4 and it is all good.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The best way I found out how to settle down your wideband so you can compare accuracy is by.. starting a scan with the car running, then turn it Off. Then turn the key back to ON, BUT DON'T START IT, so that the scanner stays connected but the engine isn't running and your wideband will very slowly go to a lean state but you can easily compare HP tuners to your wideband gauge.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

^ Yeah I tried that. But the scanner still jumps around even when I do this.

Where do you look at the value in the scanner? The only thing that would go slow enough for me to really be able compare is the average values in the histogram.

I'll have to go play with it again and see what I can do.

Also tried posting a few times over on the HPT board. But no luck with help so far over there.

Comment

Alright. So turns out I am just a bit slow. I had the serial output from my AEM plugged into my EIO interface instead of the 0-5v output. Once I switched this, it was settled way down, and read pretty damn close to the gauge. A change of ~.3 in the a custom PID and matched right up.

Gotta love dumb things like this :slap:

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
                Alright. So turns out I am just a bit slow. I had the serial output from my AEM plugged into my EIO interface instead of the 0-5v output. Once I switched this, it was settled way down, and read pretty damn close to the gauge. A change of ~.3 in the a custom PID and matched right up.

Gotta love dumb things like this :slap:
                lmao, it happens to the best of us... Don't feel bad, I've done ruined my wideband sensor before I ever really learned how to use the thing. It reads leaner and leaner every day.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X